45rpm

absolut

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Broke out a new R by 45RPM indigo dyed t-shirt I bought from the SOHO store in 2005; it's so heavily saturated with indigo that it appears black. Shown with a well worn pair of Jomon jeans with silver buttons and rivets I bought O/W from the SOHO store in 2005. Pre 2009, those boys really knew indigo dyeing; no one did it as well!  Presently, Pure Blue Japan comes as close as anyone.

IMG_0577.thumb.JPG.6f2ab186ef82c1ee06659813d551691e.JPG

• 2 months later...
On 2/28/2017 at 11:10 AM, lance said:

Good to see some 45RPM action, ayn, nice evo. How do you like the new 45RPM SF store?

lol sorry lance didn't see this until now, obviously I don't check sufu like I did 10 years ago. The SF store is nice, but super expensive lol. Great service though, good to have one here when I need repairs.

ayn, good to hear from you and thanks for the info. 45R philosophy has changed considerably from the good old days as they are now a “Japanese Fashion Brand”. I still keep an eye on their site but am far less likely to splurge at current prices. I do miss R by 45RPM!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2018 at 4:25 PM, lance said:

Broke out a new R by 45RPM indigo dyed t-shirt I bought from the SOHO store in 2005; it's so heavily saturated with indigo that it appears black. Shown with a well worn pair of Jomon jeans with silver buttons and rivets I bought O/W from the SOHO store in 2005. Pre 2009, those boys really knew indigo dyeing; no one did it as well!  Presently, Pure Blue Japan comes as close as anyone.

worn Jormon... wow. makes me want to break my pair out and start wearing them instead of the Aihiko's i have been wearing the last few months.

must be the most under-appreciated brand here on the forum - well, next to Somet, I guess.

Got a pair of Nando x Nando's somewhere that haven't been worn in years...

11 hours ago, Foxy2 said:

must be the most under-appreciated brand here on the forum - well, next to Somet, I guess.

Got a pair of Nando x Nando's somewhere that haven't been worn in years...

want to sell those Nandoxnandos? i regret selling my pair many moons ago

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hate to ask the same question two posts in a row, but could anyone help me ID these 45rpm jeans?
I think they might be Sorahiko's, but I don't know for sure.
Very little to go off of. I believe the RN-100802 number is just on most of their products.
Thanks in advance!

i-img900x1200-15413136398vhgau1854157.jp
i-img900x1200-1541313639ldhf371854157.jp
i-img900x1200-1541313639uykzwl1854157.jp
i-img900x1200-1541313639vnu1pp1854157.jp
i-img900x1200-1541313639ib4fj31854157.jp

1 hour ago, Broark said:

Thanks for the feedback, I'm going to go for them. Why not? I've always wanted to try out 45rpm and the jeans looks pretty much new. :D

If it’s priced right and the measurements work, why not?

just picked these up. at first i thought they might be the nandoxnando's that i've been looking for but then i figured they were more likely sorahiko suminando black overdyed. now that i have them in hand they are more blue than i expected. anyone have any idea what they could be? 

unnamed (4).jpg

unnamed (8).jpg

unnamed (6).jpg

unnamed (7).jpg

unnamed (9).jpg

unnamed (10).jpg

unnamed.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed (3).jpg

Hey chantheman, I have 2 pairs of NandoxNando; one raw and one pair worn/washed. After checking the leather patch, somewhat richer/softer indigo blue color and grayish reclining R on the back pocket, I believe that yours are Nandos. Also, the cotton is different from typical jeans denim; softer to the touch. I am somewhat hesitant, though, because your inside photos look grayish although it may just be the light.  I have included 2 shots of my worn/washed pair for you to compare. At any rate, nice pickup!

09BB1805-9D57-4FD7-9459-A16111FF6DB1.thumb.jpeg.cdcf2a6b6eb77cb958c175a1155fd2e0.jpegC6A1C7D0-EEF8-4970-B3B8-7A801B8E0B69.thumb.jpeg.a7b4f535795534a0b0bad1ba0998138d.jpeg

17 minutes ago, lance said:

Hey chantheman, I have 2 pairs of NandoxNando; one raw and one pair worn/washed. After checking the leather patch, somewhat richer/softer indigo blue color and grayish reclining R on the back pocket, I believe that yours are Nandos. Also, the cotton is different from typical jeans denim; softer to the touch. I am somewhat hesitant, though, because your inside photos look grayish although it may just be the light.  I have included 2 shots of my worn/washed pair for you to compare. At any rate, nice pickup!

appreciate the info. the denim is softer than i expected for sorahiko so that lead me to think nando too. 

inside pockets are white.

I forgot i have some denim scraps from my nandos from way back in the day when i hemmed them that i can compare to when i get home.

love the evo on your paid. any full pics?

^ Broark I haven't seen a pair for sale in a while. My raw pair is size 36, just your size :) If I decide to sell in the future, I'll let you know; they really are a unique pair of jeans, indigo warp and weft

^^ chanthrman, you are welcome. Not much more evo to see in full shots. I'll be interested to hear once you check and compare the scraps

edit  the inside pockets of mine are also white and identical to yours as are the buttons and rivets

Edited by lance

the shade is the same. the selvedge looks the same the only thing that is off is when i was looking at the selvedge, the denim is a different shade. its almost a grey tint compared to the scrap from 10 years ago.

either way im happy with the purchase. cut is a little looser than i would like but I just need to get them hemmed and i think i can work with it (glad 45rpm does free hemming)

IMG_5619.JPG

IMG_5620.JPG

Edited by chantheman

I emailed 45rpm Japan yesterday and they said the following. 

Thank you for your message.
I think that this denim is probably "Suminando × TOP Sorahiko".
(墨納戸×トップ空比古)
The product number is 4096009.

not sure what the top sorahiko model was but I trust Lance and the pics he provided along with my comparison. Just interesting to see their opinion of the photos I sent them.

Edit - 45rpm NY said that they are nando nando. 

Edited by chantheman

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my 45rpm Sorahiko jeans in from Yahoo Auctions and they're very nice. Need them hemmed a few inches but other than that they fit nicely.
I think these are pretty much unworn with a factory one wash, pretty nice pick up for 100 bucks!
I can see myself wearing these a lot when hemmed to the proper length, nice denim with a little bit of irregularity but not too much.
gLSpygg.jpg
C4TNnYf.jpg
gfkkvn6.jpg
r6NcnHKr.jpg
YwJfovm.jpg
KAvZCnL.jpg
JvauB1r.jpg
acLiH1E.jpg
6bfsZag.jpg