absolut

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New denim & cut: Hikohime

"This is the new 45rpm standard denim called “Hikohimeâ€. This unisex denim has been created in order to fit men and women both with a nice shape. It has been woven with an old shuttle weave-machine in an old way. It may looks like heavy ounce fabric at first, but actually it is very lightweight and comfortable." Tried them on today, can attest-- they look heavy but are incredibly light weight. Slimmest cut I've ever seen.

hikohime-one-wash-pants-sh.jpg

• 2 months later...

good lookin out. sold my size 31 years ago and now these are mine. wonder how a 29 would have fit, but for the price going TTS will have to do

A pair of size 30 Jomon on ebay for $280 BIN, NWOT. This is their best denim which sells for $800+ when available, which it is not at present. Someone can have one helluva deal - would be mine but no way can I squeeze into them.

IMG_0549_zps46c1e601.jpg

Nice score, wear em hard chan!

edit - by the way, since they are raw, you will see considerable shrinkage so they may turn out to be a perfect fit. However, if they're OW, you'll likely see an inch of stretch.

Edited by lance

Nice score, wear em hard chan!

edit - by the way, since they are raw, you will see considerable shrinkage so they may turn out to be a perfect fit. However, if they're OW, you'll likely see an inch of stretch.

does 45rpm make a raw? i thought everything was one wash. ive had a few different cuts over the years and they were all one wash.

i was going to give them a wash just to see what happens anyway but im even more inclined to do so

Yes - I have a raw pair of Jomon from 2008 and another from 2011 and you can tell the difference in both the denim and the leather. The raw Jomon denim is stiffer and not at all crinkley but not starchy. The leather is lighter in color, soft and pliable. You'll get considerable shrinkage in both the waist and inseam if they are raw. Depending on how much shrinkage you want, you may want to do a cold soak/wash first. If you look at their present US website, you'll see the Aihiko is sold in both raw and OW versions. Good luck

Edited by lance

• 1 month later...

good lookin out. sold my size 31 years ago and now these are mine. wonder how a 29 would have fit, but for the price going TTS will have to do

IMG_0549_zps46c1e601.jpg

got called out in the how do jeans fit thread for bumping it up without pics so i took new pics tonight. figured i would share them here too

all fits can be found here

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/7076-how-do-jeans-fit-description-and-pictures/page-127#entry3145858

Size 30 Jomon TTS. one hot wash

jomon_zps0fad8303.jpg

Edited by chantheman

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

4 years later, and about 2 years of daily wear:

IMG_0577.thumb.jpg.cf9e58359f5beeb46f3bfd11eb578aee.jpg

IMG_0578.thumb.jpg.dff3899df5088c2051c54553a811b1f9.jpg

Sending them to Japan for repair this week.

Edited by ayn
old sufu files gone

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice!

i had a pair of Hikehome jeans but they were too big so I sold them last year.

wish I could go to Tokyo to the bespoke store because the denim was awesome..

• 3 months later...