45rpm

absolut

Ok I own some Jomons and their predecessor, plus some Sorahikos so I've been susceptible to their marketing/branding etc but the new price takes them well away from workwear of any sort and into the realms of high fashion for rich kids. In my opinion of course. And I really don't think they're any "better" than many other brands - a point proved I feel by their reputation in Japan.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Left to right - jomon - raw, 5 years old and 6 years old. They all have the sterling silver hardware (kept copper rivets on six year old).

IMG_0318-1.jpg?t=1274909248

Sterling silver hardware

IMG_0332-1.jpg?t=1274909444

45RPM indigo t-shirts - left to right, new, +- 2 years wear, +- 5 years wear

IMG_05111.jpg?t=1274909534

Edited by lance

Thanks Yin, thanks Opie. Hey kixslf, I've bought from 45RPM over the years because of their indigo dying technique. Look at the first t-shirt - when they dye something indigo, it's saturated. Yeah, their stuff is expensive - sometimes/most times overpriced, but no one does Ai and synth indigo better. I'm not a 45RPM apologist - I buy what I like and enjoy wearing it. I've seen lots of your posts and you wear some great denim too. Hell, I like 1947 501s almost as much as Jomon! it's all good.

you guys who have had experiance shopping at the 45rpm stores should comment on my post. dude is not stoked on the 45 rpm and I would love to hear some other perspectives.

-M

http://michaeloandersen.typepad.com/blog/2010/04/received-r-by-45-rpm.html

"I find the store also offensive in that they copy old american goods and play people like john fahey the shop but don’t share any of the moral values that these things represent to me."

oh my lorddddd.

I would like more stores to be playing John Fahey.

I've only been to the Paris store, and the staff has always been really nice. Even though once I told them right away I couldn't buy anything, they let me try on clothes, look at the denim and their sewing machines and we ended chatting for a good hour. Good people and good place.

lance did you buy the jormons distressed or have you put in 11 years on 2 pairs of jormons?

or is this from the store?

Hey chantheman - I bought the 5 and 6 year old Jomon as O/W and have worn them concurrently. They were not worn or distressed in any way nor were the t-shirts. The three t-shirts are from the same season; I bought a number of them because I liked them. Glad too, because they haven't made the same t-shirt again since.

Hey chantheman - I bought the 5 and 6 year old Jomon as O/W and have worn them concurrently. They were not worn or distressed in any way nor were the t-shirts. The three t-shirts are from the same season; I bought a number of them because I liked them. Glad too, because they haven't made the same t-shirt again since.

So.. did this guy just beat the whole denim game?

Do we have a medal for these sort of occasions?

Judging by his online behavior he just seems like a shitty consumer and an obnoxious person. He probably made a scene at the store or offended them and was basically told to fuck off. I've been into the r by store in Soho and have had very good experiences.

Also who asks the price of gifts??? He should have been flattered by the gesture. No doubt his wife was pissed that he wanted to return the gift.

for "good karma"...

first...i too do not agree with the new return policy. i do not think it's inline with the customer first morals that they used to hold in such high regard. Blame it on a turn in the economy and a little on the change of guard..

the John Fahey as well as all the 60's psych, folk and "classic rock" is off a mix that i made during my time with the company and has nothing to with Americana...(if i remember correctly more than half of the artists are British) it was more about passing the time while listening to my favorite songs.

The cd's chosen by the ceo and head designer for play in the store would have made your head spin....be grateful for the good tunes...

• 4 weeks later...

^ Don't know which store or country you deal with but the Soho and UES stores will special order from Japan. Ask them to contact Japan to see if they can find a pair in their system. They found a pair of Aihiko for me long after they were out of production. However, if you do a special order, it's not returnable.

• 2 weeks later...

The Soho store is handling the sale for both stores starting today. Old style Jomons on sale at 30% off. Unfortunately, only size 38 and 40 remain. Anyone interested in larger sizes, good opportunity to pick up a pair for cheap (relatively speaking:)).