45rpm

absolut

Hey all,

I just discovered that 45rpm SoHo NYC is having a 30% off sale as of today. They're NOT discounting any of their regular denim (sorahiko, jomon), but apparently their seasonal denim IS discounted. This includes the overdyed suminandos.

I have no idea what kind of seasonal denim they do have left in stock, but as of about ten hours ago they did still have some discounted suminandos available. They do mail order. Note that this sale is not available on their website; its only in their SoHo store. No idea either when the sale ends.

Hope this is helpful!

Those pictures are why the whole "one year, then retire" methodology is bullshit...

I feel like most japanese denim just starts to get good after a year... I'd like to see more 2 and 3 year pairs on the boards...

yes,yes,yes!!!!

Hey all,

I just discovered that 45rpm SoHo NYC is having a 30% off sale as of today. They're NOT discounting any of their regular denim (sorahiko, jomon), but apparently their seasonal denim IS discounted. This includes the overdyed suminandos.

I have no idea what kind of seasonal denim they do have left in stock, but as of about ten hours ago they did still have some discounted suminandos available. They do mail order. Note that this sale is not available on their website; its only in their SoHo store. No idea either when the sale ends.

Hope this is helpful!

Well, then. I know what I'm doing on sunday

These were posted on the 45rpm site, but I think they should be seen here.

save people the trouble

Akane is a women's version of Sorahiko. I have been wearing this pair of denim for about two years. When I bought them, they were really dark and felt a lot heavier. I wasn't used to this heavier weight denim, but I decided to give it a try since I had never distressed my own denim before. Ever since, I have washed them about 4 times. It took at least a year for the whiskers to start showing. But after that, it all happened very quickly. I finally feel really comfortable wearing this denim now that it's soft and worn out. My next goal for this pair is to distress a little more. It took me two years to make this pair look like this, so I will give it a few more years to achieve my next goal.

Asaka Midorikawa

asaka_1.jpg

asaka_2.jpg

asaka_3.jpg

asaka_4.jpg

This was passed on to me from my husband who used to wear this pair. He started wearing this pair 5 years ago and wore it for a few years. It has been washed 5 times. He wore it almost every day. It has also been repaired many times, and I'm sure it will continue to require more repair. But this will add more character to this pair, for sure.

Asaka Midorikawa

glenn_1.jpg

glenn_2.jpg

glenn_3.jpg

glenn_4.jpg

These started out as raw pair of Sorahiko Slim and through a happy accident they shrank to fit me perfectly. These were my second pair of 45rpm jeans and I have been wearing them pretty steadily for about two years. I wash them whenever I feel like they are dirty, which is probably not often enough! I always wash them inside out. I feel like the most organic way to get a pair of jeans to wear in nicely is just to treat them like a regular pair of work denim. The more fancy techniques and tricks you use to get them to look a certain way, the less they look like a work of art.

Christian Dion

xn_1.JPG

xn_2.jpg

xn_3.jpg

xn_4.jpg

I have had this pair for three years and wore them almost every day. I have only washed them three times. The fabric becomes softer and softer with each wear. It has been repaired so many times...It doesn't fade like the other denim I have because it's dyed with natural Ai. It is definitely one of my favorite pairs of denim.

Logan Lin

jomon_1.jpg

jomon_2.jpg

jomon3.jpg

jomon4.jpg

To give a little credit to the Jomons, these pictures are terrible. I saw a pair of 3 years old Jomons at the Paris store a while back and they looked beautiful. Very subtle fading of course, as most jeans dyed the same way tend to show, but the color was beautiful. Hard to represent on pictures, unfortunately.

To give a little credit to the Jomons, these pictures are terrible. I saw a pair of 3 years old Jomons at the Paris store a while back and they looked beautiful. Very subtle fading of course, as most jeans dyed the same way tend to show, but the color was beautiful. Hard to represent on pictures, unfortunately.

then i take my words back until i go to the 45 store in manhattan myself. soon im going on a denim-fondling tour.:cool:

damn you :( i was in paris last christmas, and when i went there, the store was closed until jan 2 or something :( that sure pissed me off

45RPM seems to close down for quite a while to celebrate the new year. I think that the SoHo store was closed until 1/5, maybe 1/6.

I brought my jeans into the SoHo store for repair. The staff seemed pretty excited about them when I brought them out for repair and suggested that they be added to their denim diary. I sort of thought that they were joking. I checked into how the repair was going today (couple more days) and they asked for permission to take pictures and add my pair into the denim diary. So my Sorahikos might show up on their site.

45RPM seems to close down for quite a while to celebrate the new year. I think that the SoHo store was closed until 1/5, maybe 1/6.

I brought my jeans into the SoHo store for repair. The staff seemed pretty excited about them when I brought them out for repair and suggested that they be added to their denim diary. I sort of thought that they were joking. I checked into how the repair was going today (couple more days) and they asked for permission to take pictures and add my pair into the denim diary. So my Sorahikos might show up on their site.

congrats!!!

went to the soho store ... mercer and something, on the corner.

surprised to find that the only jeans in the store to be found were in the back right corner. not that many o/w jeans, no raw i don't think. the sa didn't seem to know much about the jeans either. i was surprised as i thought this was an uber-passionate jeans brand.

anyway, after handling a couple o/w -- the one i looked at most closely was the one with a back pocket modeled after lee jeans-- i don't get why they command such a huge price! ... really i don't get why they're so "special"

i know the story behind the company, the zimbabwe, the artisanal craftsmanship... but i can't tell the difference by handling and studying them.

Went to the SoHo store today to pick up my Sorahikos. They really did a fantastic job of repairing them. Nothing short of amazing. In any case, I went up to the counter to pick them up and they asked if I'd be willing to let them take pictures (I really thought that they were going to forget about that). I quickly put them on while they cleared out the back right corner of the store to create a space to take some pictures. I still need to write up a "story" for them, which I'll probably do later tonight. They're thinking that they'll go up on the website next month.

small question...if i brought a pair of destroyed sams to the soho store for repairs, would they do it, and how much would it cost if so? gordon says he's too busy to do repairs right now, and @ this point they need more than my needle&thread.:o

You could try Denim Doctors... they're supposed to be good. I will say that I am very happy with the job that 45rpm did on my jeans. They did patch up the back pocket, which I asked them not to, but I'm certainly not complaining. I'll try to post up pictures when I can.