haptronic

Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

just wanna share fitpic of my skull 5508xx production 2010(maybe)

10167936046_2246be0f59_z_d.jpg10167995673_516968f160_z_d.jpg10167990683_c570436086_z_d.jpg

seems like this brand fell out, i remember the glorious texas cotton 5010s. How are their new denim? anyone have a faded pair so i can see what the colors look like? thinking of ordering a pair, any extra info on the SJP666 cut? 

I'm wearing 5010xx's right now, really like it. Electric blue is starting to come through, awesome fit too. More people should try it again, you won't be disappointed. 

Edited by Warakia

Which model is that, is it the 5000xx, im asking because the leather patch is black, im kinda confused because i thought most skull jeans fit very slim?

did you sized down those jeans? the fit is really nice

Just noticed the other day that my patch says:

Crafted with expert artsit work.  :P

Skull doesn't get nearly as much attention as they used to and I wish they still did. Amazing jeans.

Skull 5010xx

Multiple washes

Patch is barely holding on. 

IMG_6248_zps97f18bb7.jpg

IMG_6250_zpsd77156b5.jpg

IMG_6252_zps32efba80.jpg

Mainly Indigo then my brown, the least is the black, will throw some photos up tomorrow sometime :)

Are there significant fading on the brown and black ones? If so, can you describe the colors? You better revive this thread with your jeans haha

lol, still yet to wash the brown/black the indigo's go in the was once a month, maybe next week give the brown a wash, they are a size up and still a nice/comfy fit

So i just bought some used 5507xx jeans and immediately after touching them it was a completely different feel from my 5010xx 6x6 denim. I read something on the faabfour website about ithe 5507xx jeans using Zimbabwe cotton. Is this true? Was the Texas cotton only for the 6x6 versions? The denim is definitely light and softer and was wondering if this was normal. It's definitely a different fit from my 5010 but I think I'm liking it so far.

Skull changed their denim in 2011 or 2010 or so. All models after that (doesn't matter if 5010 or 5507) switched from Texas to Zimbabwe cotton.

edit: For their 6x6 that is. Maybe their standard denim before were also made of some other cotton

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Yeah, I think mine are before that time of 2010-2011 and they aren't 6x6 either. The tag inside looks pretty worn and old.

I'm curious to know what kind so denim it uses but I will contact the seller to see if i can get more info.

Did BIG sell skull jeans with red tabs?

I think BiG (like Self Edge) sold the ones with the stitched cross in place of the red tab .

Raw Skull 5010XX 6X6 size 28 recently purchased and hemmed at Take 5 Bangkok. Several initial soaks and one initial wash. These surprisingly shrank quite a bit. Sorry for the crappy phone pics.

image_zps780873cc.jpg

image_zpsf54ef384.jpg

image_zpsca92c23f.jpg

Skull doesn't get nearly as much attention as they used to and I wish they still did. Amazing jeans.

Agree and agree.  Nice pair.

Raw Skull 5010XX 6X6 size 28 recently purchased and hemmed at Take 5 Bangkok. Several initial soaks and one initial wash. These surprisingly shrank quite a bit. Sorry for the crappy phone pics.

image_zps780873cc.jpg

image_zpsf54ef384.jpg

image_zpsca92c23f.jpg

What kind of shrinkage did you get?  I fear my size in the current lots is too big but I'd like to try them.  I turned a buddy of mine into a Skull junkie and his take5 pair is going through phases I never saw with mine.  They have a very edgy blue whereas my early Pimas have always looked like a pair of Cones.

Edited by jyoni

Agree and agree.  Nice pair.

What kind of shrinkage did you get?  I fear my size in the current lots is too big but I'd like to try them.  I turned a buddy of mine into a Skull junkie and his take5 pair is going through phases I never saw with mine.  They have a very edgy blue whereas my early Pimas have always looked like a pair of Cones.

Unfortunately I didn't take any measurements before I soaked and washed these so I can't give you exact numbers. However, I will say that with my chicken legs, these fit much closer to a regular slim, almost straight, cut when I bought them, as opposed to the very slim fit you see in the pictures. Also, the waist of these was pretty loose when I tried them on in the store, to the point where I could easily fit two hands into the waistband. Post-wash the waste was pretty tight, and now sits comfortably on the hips after about 2 weeks. The shop assistant told me that these were "unsanforized for the first time", and I consider the amount of shrinkage to be consistent with his claim. 

Concerning the fading and phases, I can't really comment as I've only had these for a short time and have yet to see too much change, but I'll make sure to post progress updates with pictures at regular intervals.

Also, the shrinkage was most apparent after a cold cycle. Hot and boiling soaks with a bit of agitation didn't even bring them close to where they are now.

My 5010's, about 4-5 months of wear.

wivah.png

Put some brakes on your bike you unsafe dirty hipster :P

ps. jeans look great

Did a quick warm soak on my 5507xx jeans and worn them a few days now. They stiffened up and went back to being soft after a day of wear. These are definitely seem like the 13.5 oz Zimbabwe cotton compared tot the denim of my 5010xx 6x6. I am loving the fit also which I will try and take a pic of. I have been looking for a more straight cut and I think these do the job perfectly, definitely pleased with my purchase.

Where are you guys purchasing from overseas? Fabfour wont reply, and take5's online shop is under construction