Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

the idea that you would buy a pair of selvedge jeans and wear them skin-tight would have seemed horribly tacky.

Haha... Definitely not going for the skin-tight look, something a little more relaxed I guess. I'm wondering if Skulls are even the right brand to be looking at, but I do like the look of them, now just to see how the look translates into feel... If these don't work out, might look into Pure Blue.

Haha... Definitely not going for the skin-tight look, something a little more relaxed I guess. I'm wondering if Skulls are even the right brand to be looking at, but I do like the look of them, now just to see how the look translates into feel... If these don't work out, might look into Pure Blue.

just my opinion, but in over 20 years of selvedge denim i think the 5507 is probably my favorite cut. it's just perfect in so many ways. maybe the build-quality with skulls isn't so good compared to SDA, Samurai or Ironheart and it would be nice if they made the 5507 un-sanforized but i think they're pretty unbeatable and i think you'll dig them...

Well, my size 34 5507xx 6x6's arrived on Monday, and initially I wasn't sure how I felt about them. I definitely like the look of them (I think Skulls have a great looking back pocket shape)... I was just wondering if perhaps these were a little too tight for me... and for a straight fit, they do taper quite a bit really... The leg opening on these is a rather narrow (for me) 8.25" (roughly)...

I think to make these perfect for me, I'd add about a half inch on the thigh and leg opening. That said, I've decided to dive into them. They're not super tight, and the 14.5 oz denim is heavy! Looking forward to getting these worked in. Seems like quality fabric. A little concerned about all the thread issues I've read about, but I'll wait and see if these give me any grief.

Gordon at BiG was helpful and super quick with the shipping.

Well, my size 34 5507xx 6x6's arrived on Monday, and initially I wasn't sure how I felt about them. I definitely like the look of them (I think Skulls have a great looking back pocket shape)... I was just wondering if perhaps these were a little too tight for me... and for a straight fit, they do taper quite a bit really... The leg opening on these is a rather narrow (for me) 8.25" (roughly)...

I think to make these perfect for me, I'd add about a half inch on the thigh and leg opening. That said, I've decided to dive into them. They're not super tight, and the 14.5 oz denim is heavy! Looking forward to getting these worked in. Seems like quality fabric. A little concerned about all the thread issues I've read about, but I'll wait and see if these give me any grief.

Gordon at BiG was helpful and super quick with the shipping.

CloudShift,

Don't worry about the initial tight fitting; it will stretch out to be a nice comfortable fit.

My 5507xx 6x6 stitiching started to come off in crotch area after around 2 months wear. I do just normal activities in them. Nothing that would put too much stress on them.

Although the fit and denim is awesome, the stitching is still a problem area, atleast for my Skulls.

ThePhantom

Even though I'm in the dry bones contest, every once in a while I like to wear my skulls. Probably wear them 1-2 times a week. Just gave them another wash in the washing machine. The fit on the 5010xx are just perfectttt.

p1010148w.jpg

p1010149g.jpg

p1010143p.jpg

p1010144f.jpg

red tab

p1010146vsm.jpg

I bought a pair of Skull 5010xx Non-wash 29x36 for about 2 years ago, the fit is awesome except from the waist which is tight as hell. I haven't wear them more than 5 times because they are so tight and my nuts are dying. With a bit of work I manage to button all the buttons but tell me is there some way to make them more loose? What happens if I take a cold bath with them on, will they be even more tight or?

I bought a pair of Skull 5010xx Non-wash 29x36 for about 2 years ago, the fit is awesome except from the waist which is tight as hell. I haven't wear them more than 5 times because they are so tight and my nuts are dying. With a bit of work I manage to button all the buttons but tell me is there some way to make them more loose? What happens if I take a cold bath with them on, will they be even more tight or?

The waist will stretch if you wear them more. Your fit will be great after maybe 5-10 more wears I'd guess. Still, that shouldn't be killing your nuts, perhaps you're wearing them too high on your waist? They are only a 9-something rise for your size. Make sure they're low enough.

I don't want to ruin, but kcaz buy true to size.

Especially if you have athletic thighs.

Feel free to size down one though

EDIT:

Anybody want to let me know what they think of my fit?

Not the best pictures, but I don't have a camera... so this is it

Also, I have massive thighs. I'm 190 at 5'8".

Not a pinch of fat on them, so I just have to deal with them :/

0828091748.jpg

0828091749.jpg

0828091749a.jpg

0828091825.jpg

It looked like a gut in that shirt, but I still think you'd look better if you cut about 5 - 10 pounds in bodyfat. You should still have gone with the 5507.

I have those abs where you can push them out and make it look like a beer belly or that you're pregnant or what have you

I plan on cutting as soon as my swim team gets back together in the middle of september.

I was really considering the 5507, but I've been eying the 5501's for quite some time

I pulled those up high on my waist when I took the pictures

They look a hell of a lot better if I slouch them a little, and that's usually what I do.

is that an aeropostale shirt

are those american eagle briefs

what are you doing here

BRAH

OH NO.

Big deal. It's not like there's anything wrong with aeropostale or american eagle. Or A&F for that matter

Besides, especially with the recession aeropostale slashed the fuck out of their prices.

Coupled with discounts I paid $4 for that shirt and got ten more for the same price.

That's less than a plain white tee depending on where you go.