Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

its a spwcial pair its a yakuza pair they cut off the belt loop when someone does not pay debt

This does not make sense to me.... can you elaborate? I am very curious now...

My jeans were never worn and there there was never a loop sewn on...so it could not have been cut off.

Edited by BigSugar

Few more questions for Skull historians:

1) what is the difference between the XX models with the tan patch vs the XX 6x6 models?

2) Are these made from the much loved Texas cotton? Perhaps there were a few types of Texas cotton Skulls back in the day? http://shop.fabfour.co.jp/showcase/BB029.html 

3) What are the differences between my 6x6 5010xx above and the 5010xx in the link above? 

edit: link above is correct....Just highlight address in address bar and submit and it should go to the site...

Edited by BigSugar

I can't say anything about the missing loop.  themaster could very well be correct about the gangs.

Tan patch is 7x6 indigo, Linda :),  or white core black.  7x6 was a lighter weave.  Linda was for some ladies.  Black is black.

Hey, what is the deal with Nudie broken twill?  I would like to know more about that. 

Edited by jyoni

• 2 weeks later...

Warakia, looking good! You are pretty rough on jeans considering this is only 6 months. Time for a few spot stitches.

P.s. I am studying down in Maastricht, NE! 

Post Machine Wash #1:

Skull 5010

3 hand washes, couple soaks

1-2 years of wear

nexus20140524140320683.jpg

knee split no more:

nexus20140524140344285.jpg

nexus20140524140423500.jpg

nexus20140524140553251.jpg

Green Pen stain, example of  had stitched preventative repair work:nexus20140524140539615.jpg

nexus20140524140513068.jpg

Edited by BigSugar

• 2 months later...

hi sufu

anyone who have experiences with the 7x6 5507xx model? forgot to mention, it's the black pair

do they stretch a lot?

is it ok to go upsize? im size 29 and im planning to buy size 30 from my friend

answesrs will be much appreciated as this is going to be my first japanese denim

Edited by clapper

• 2 weeks later...

Here's one of 4 pairs of Skull 5010xx 6x6 in my collection. This pair I picked up in Sept 2010, Pima cotton. 2 washes so far. These haven't been worn daily, but in a small rotation since.

They were last washed in Dec 2013, but were getting stinky now that it's pretty hot in Austin. What finally did them in was a trip to Home Depot for cement bags which got everywhere. Anyways took some pictures right before.

Rcqh9Sq.jpg

ut7V4Cc.jpg

sRxy6CI.jpg

eNJvCnL.jpg

z9NJpEw.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Good stuff.  Had to sell my skulls several years ago due to a size change (posted here previously).

Just got some new 5010s — glad to see still awesome.  Personally — I think in retrospect the change to pima from texas cotton was a good move.

Construction as good as ever.

Edited by monterey

Decided im getting some 5010xx 6x6 from denimio but im a 32 and how much stretch should i be lookin at?

thinkin about goin with the 30's

the sites size chart is for one-wash but they only have the non-wash type, is it actually non-washed?

if someone could help me out thatd be greattttttttt

They stretch out a standard amount (maybe a size eventually?). Skull denim very tightly woven so it doesn't have too much ability to stretch. I have a 30, however I am probably ideally a 28-29, but bought my skulls when I had some kind of identity issue and thought I was a 30. They are a bit loose on my chicken legs, but I absolutely love my Skulls...Size down 1-2 and if they are too tight after the initial hot soak....put them on, hope in the tub, hop out, and do a crouches on your toes and pull them off to dry...perfect fit guaranteed!

Decided im getting some 5010xx 6x6 from denimio but im a 32 and how much stretch should i be lookin at?

thinkin about goin with the 30's

the sites size chart is for one-wash but they only have the non-wash type, is it actually non-washed?

if someone could help me out thatd be greattttttttt

• 2 weeks later...

For sale Skull 15th anniversary 5000XX size 32 BNWT. These were released in 2010 and are the ones described in the link below:

http://blog.selfedge...y-jean.html?m=1

£140 plus shipping (from UK). They have a very slight flaw in the chainstitched hem on the right leg (pictured).

Measurements BiG style:

- Waist: 33"

- Front rise: 11.6"

- Back rise: 15.6"

- Thigh: 13.4"

- Hem: 9.4"

- Inseam: 37"

image-32.jpg

image-33.jpg

image-34.jpg

image-35.jpg

image-36.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

These are the 5507. They seem to be the older models and are definitely the lighter weight jeans than my 5010xx 6x6. I love the fit on these jeans and the way they are fading. Definitely love this brand a lot

Worn on and off for about 7 months, would say they have about 3-4 months wear.

a5ae4b34-d0e3-4aa4-a193-5d8cc3660486_zps

2176b8da-29f2-460a-ac1b-d465f9e61a2c_zps

Edited by noobedloser

• 1 month later...

Howdy Sufu,

I'm a size 34 in SDA103xx what size would you recommend for an 5010xx raw model?

Anyone with both models that could comment on the comparison between fit and finish in particular how the waist sits and the layout of backpockets when worn.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...