Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have some deadstock 5000xx from a few years ago (2008) they are tagged size 30. Should i expect much shrinking and do they stretch back to raw size? They don't fit overly comfortably right now so i will sell if they shrink too much.

Edit: Put them up for sale as I don't think the fit will be great on me.

Edited by Paulo

Got these Skulls 5507xx from Take5 Hong Kong a few weeks ago. The sanforized dennim feels a bit like the Denime xx denim that I used to own. As it is the one wash version, the denim does not have the satin-like texture as described by some of you. Normally I wear W31 but I size up 2 to get a roomier top block and comfier thighs. Unfortunately they are for sale now to fund my DenimProject contest jeans (check my sig).

DSC_0786.JPGDSC_0790.JPGDSC_0779.JPGDSC_0778.JPGDSC_0777.JPG

Hey guys, just a little bit confused about the sizing of 5507xx, cs i've checked the one in BiG and it fits me perfectly, but when i checked the one in the fabfour, it seems pretty slim. In conclusion, they differ so far. So which one would i have to trust ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i just found some pair of 5010xx (the old version) in 30 in my closet that have been worn between 5 and 10 times (i think..)
i bought them around 5 years ago and they are in perfect condition. how much might i get for them now? don't even remember how much they were lol. 
hopefully someone else can break them in - they are just to great to end up in the trash

Update, 5010 pima blend.  I've had these for a while in rotation.  No steady wear because the threads are too weak for working.  I believe this most recent wash was the third one.

Sorry Warakia, these are not the new batch funded by Take5.  I imagine the fabric is actually exactly the same, ie even from the same inventory/bolts.  My take on the pima blend is that Skull wanted to offer pima affordably so they had a shit-ton of it made and it all sat for a while after the death blow.  I can't say that with certainty; it's just my impression.  Ed might know if I'm right or wrong.

9430572557_6831491d4b_o.jpg

9430572615_296f09058f_o.jpg

i just found some pair of 5010xx (the old version) in 30 in my closet that have been worn between 5 and 10 times (i think..)

i bought them around 5 years ago and they are in perfect condition. how much might i get for them now? don't even remember how much they were lol. 

hopefully someone else can break them in - they are just to great to end up in the trash

By old do you mean Texas?  If you are a large man, 35-36, let's talk.

Actually this sounds familiar.  Are they 30-31?   If you are talking with my buddy Jordan about selling those to him, he is a solid dude who will close the deal, no issues, and if he needs a paypal proxy I'm it.

By old do you mean Texas?  If you are a large man, 35-36, let's talk.

Actually this sounds familiar.  Are they 30-31?   If you are talking with my buddy Jordan about selling those to him, he is a solid dude who will close the deal, no issues, and if he needs a paypal proxy I'm it.

Edited by jyoni

So, I've tried a pair of one wash skulls in 32 which were perfect, but given the tendency around these forums I'm inclined to buy a raw pair. Can I buy the same size as I tried in the one wash version? Kind of a silly question perhaps but just checking to be sure.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...