Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

1297510177834.jpg1297510194339.jpg

1297510342077.jpg

1297510370866.jpg

Well, I took detailed shots..im hoping they arent fake, cause im going to be real pissed otherwise... I think these also might be one wash but dude said he also never did any soaks, and the person is from malayasia. I havent ever see fake skulls... Maybe they are?...

Well, I took detailed shots..im hoping they arent fake, cause im going to be real pissed otherwise... I think these also might be one wash but dude said he also never did any soaks, and the person is from malayasia. I havent ever see fake skulls... Maybe they are?...

Pretty sure they're not fakes, that's what the 7x6 model looks like.

Thanks guys. I didn't think they were fake, I am positive these are real cause I highly doubt someone could pull a fake off and have it look almost like the real deal.. And yes these are lighter than my other jeans, and no the selvage isn't gold gold, but it is a golden yellow.

been working on the 5010 about 5-6 months now. no wash or nothing. love the jeans, and the fading is great but these jeans are cruching the shit out of my ballsack! and i'm not gonna do the sag look. i'm too old for that shit.

i'm gonna see this one through and then move onto something that will let me reproduce. so i'll be looking for something similar with a little more room at the top. any suggestions?

If you still want tapered: Skull 5507 or Sam s710.

Straight leg: gogo Sam 510s or Ironheart 634s :)

been working on the 5010 about 5-6 months now. no wash or nothing. love the jeans, and the fading is great but these jeans are cruching the shit out of my ballsack! and i'm not gonna do the sag look. i'm too old for that shit.

i'm gonna see this one through and then move onto something that will let me reproduce. so i'll be looking for something similar with a little more room at the top. any suggestions?

more room at the top. any suggestions?

another taper possibility: dry bones red-D. I just tried these on recently and almost got them. lovely fit and slightly higher rise than 5010s, and they are just generally fucking cool.

If you still want tapered: Skull 5507 or Sam s710.

Straight leg: gogo Sam 510s or Ironheart 634s :)

got a pair of 710 and 634s.

the 710 are great, except that i got them a little big som the lower leg tends to flare out so they look like something you pulled off 70's beatles and the 634s are just way too big.

really like the 5010 even though they are excruciating to wear (you should see me walk up a flight of stairs!). i'll stick to the skinny-style denim. but no nudie shit!

Just snatched the last size 36 of the 5010xx from SE late last night, status on my order: shipped!

So happy! Looking forward to getting these, been eying them for a while but never bought them, until now.

I don't post much. Nor am I a Skull fanboy or a Self-Edge fanboy. I don't any product from either company.

I do want to say that in my opinion the way Kiya/SE has ousted Skull Jeans was an inethical act and bordered on slander. Regardless of whether the claims on quality were true, the manner that this was handled by SE was very unprofessional. A simple "we have ended our business relationship to due to irreconcilable differences" would have been satisfactory. There should be no need to disgrace the name of the other party in a public forum.

There's no denying our appreciation for Self-Edge selling products that all of us love and are hard to find. Only a handful of stores outside of Japan cater to this demand, and Self-Edge hangs around the top of that list. Unlike most other outlets, they involve themselves a great deal in online and social network outreach (being involved in fashion forums, throwing events through word-of-net, making sure their Yelp rating is high, etc). It's a great marketing strategy for a niche product, but the nature of this marketing type makes it very susceptible to defamation and snowball effect based on warrantless or unnecessary claims. In my opinion Self-Edge has violated unspoken ethics of this type of marketing strategy and disrespected the Skull Jeans brand name and their owners, and in turn I have lost some respect for Self-Edge.

Unfortunately I don't think Bennie or Gordon involve themselves on the net enough to share their views, plus it doesn't really involve them directly. Hiroshi becamed cornered and was forced to defend his brand after the fact and with his limited English skills. I really hope that SE will choose to explain their actions in more detail to clear the air. I do not think that the act of switching factories for a perceived inconsistent quality of the end product and less than frequent roll-out of inventory warrant online defamation of your former business partner, even if true. Very immature IMO.

We wanted to keep this simple, hence our short explanation as to why we stopped carrying the brand.

It was a combination of an extreme supply problem and a decline in product quality. These two factors combined made it near impossible to deal with the company and their products.

imho the quality has NOTgone down.... after handling the prima denim, the construction hasnt really changed... Only difference is the denim

Crispy stiff texas denim DOES NOT correlate with good quality.... It's just preference...

Skull is just going in a different direction in terms of its concept....

We wanted to keep this simple, hence our short explanation as to why we stopped carrying the brand.

It was a combination of an extreme supply problem and a decline in product quality. These two factors combined made it near impossible to deal with the company and their products.

no hate but Kiya never said that the 'prima' aka PIMA cotton correlates with poor quality...

however, not to jock anyone, but Kiya does dabble in the denim industry... maybe you do too but some people's 'honest opinions' are going to carry more credibility and legitimacy than others...