Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

thanks mackie. @fallen and mackie, it looks like yours still have more color compared to mine. did you wash it at all? after my 1st wash and a couple of weeks of wear, the color is really light now.

they've probably had 5 or 6 washes by this point, plus a few soaks. I treat them gently and use Dr. Bronners rather than detergent. you've got several months of wear on me too, right?

they've probably had 5 or 6 washes by this point, plus a few soaks. I treat them gently and use Dr. Bronners rather than detergent. you've got several months of wear on me too, right?

i got it dec of 2008 and its been worn pretty much daily except one month in the summer of 09. i did one initial soak, one cold soak, and one machine wash light tumble with dr bronners.

Just wanted to see how the leather patch on everyone's jeans aged, anyone wanna post up some pictures?

forgot, this is mine DSCN2819.jpg?t=1269929898

While i was at it i decided to try taking some macro shots; sorry they are a bit yellow under incandescent lighting.

DSCN2821.jpg?t=1269929968 you can tell under where the belt is, the color is darker.

DSCN2814.jpg?t=1269930014 a hole in the comb.

DSCN2817.jpg?t=1269930045 ...roping?

the second and third picture is closest to true color, cheers.

Skulls 5507xx 7x6 denim. Worn most days for a few months... (4, 5?);

img2963y.jpg

img2947qx.jpg

You can see the abuse that the custom Corter wallet has wrought on the back pocket;

img2967g.jpg

Then thrown into the wash with this;

img2974u.jpg

Will post post-wash pics when I get around to taking the photos.

does anyone know why the black 5010s do not fade like the indigo?

would the "cheese" dying have anything to do with it?

the 'cheese' dying is the reason why. its also known as hank dying where the warp threads are dyed all the way through to the core. the indigo are rope dyed so the core of the warp is white.

Been searching everywhere - online, Japan, etc. Anyone know where I can find a pair of Skull5010XX in BLACK size 30?

Edit: I know production is stopped (or super slow, or postponed) on Skulls right now. Just hoping someone has a pair, or knows someone who does.

the 'cheese' dying is the reason why. its also known as hank dying where the warp threads are dyed all the way through to the core. the indigo are rope dyed so the core of the warp is white.

so does this mean that the blacks would never fade like the indigos? or is the process just prolonged?

Trying to get a fit similar to my size 30 APC NS but with a slightly smaller leg opening. The Skulls 5507 seem to be a great option, has anyone sized their 5507 to their apc ns? I heard they are about the same but with a 7.5 leg opening.

It depends on how you would size down on APC NS (down 2 or 3), but I'm also a 29 NS, and I wear a 30 in 5507 and 5010. It's only down one (1) for Skulls for a good, standard fit.

I highly suggest not going smaller unless you want major hip-pain, crotch blowouts and button loss, pocket stitch rip, etc.

The 5507 and 5010 are pretty close in fit. The 5010 is basically the 5507 if you sized down one more. The 5010 is really the skinny jean, the 5007, like you said, is closest to the NS. 30w 5007 has a 7.5" post-wash leg opening.