Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

they are sanforized, but that doesn't mean they don't shrink at all. it depends on the sanforization process.

2 inches seemed to be a lot though.. that's just about as much shrinkage as a pair of S5000VX..

Now I need to think how much I should hem on the pair of 5010 I plan to get next week...

I'm 5'8" and had them hemmed to 35", I hot soaked at two months and hardly noticed a difference on the inseam, one inch max. If anything it made the stacking a lot cleaner than it was pre-soak.

If you're worried about it, I'd just wait until after your first soak to hem them.

unfortunately, I will be purchasing the jeans in HK, and will be heading back to Canada shortly.. I won't have time to soak and then bring it back for Hemming.

I'll just make an estimate.. I just want the inseam to end up around 34-35 inches.. I guess if I don't throw it in a dryer/put it through an extremely hot wash, it shouldn't shrink much.

i just soaked mine and they shrunk to ~35 and im about the same height as you, i think the stacking is fair nothing crazy looking

that has to be the new batch denim - 'cause in the old batches I never saw any reports of shrinking!

mine are still 37.X" in the inseam and the same waist plus stretching. I already did 3 really hot soaks, to get the waist back to 'normal'.

did you get shrinkage in the waist too?!

I am confused!

i was just estimating that it was about 35, i guess 36 would been more accurate. i just remember when i first bought them, they would cover half of my foot when i put them all the way down. after the soak they didnt go as far

i was just estimating that it was about 35, i guess 36 would been more accurate. i just remember when i first bought them, they would cover half of my foot when i put them all the way down. after the soak they didnt go as far

Very scientific... Measuring tape, ya feel?

hey guys,

I just got my skulls 5010 6x6 in sz.30 from a member here.

just wondering, is the fit suppose to be tight from the thigh area down?

how long does it take to stretch out?

thanks!

don't expect the thigh area down to stretch a lot.. maybe you should've gone for the 5507 instead..

so, here they are - skull 5010XX in tagged size 35.

(was and still am wearing skull 5010XX in a tagged size 36)

usually, a tagged 34 is almost always too small for me (except maybe dry bones). some of the tagged 36 turn out to be a tad to big after lots of wear, but fit very nice with a belt.

as there is nearly no tagged 35 available and my old 5010XX is one of my favorite jeans - i took the opportunity and pre-ordered a tagged 35 with the new batch.

P7180001.JPG

P7270017_md.jpg

P7270020_md.jpg

P7270021_md.jpg

guess what, I am very happy!