Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

Guest Ark Sakura
d'you know how he sized them?

I'm gonna guess he sized down 1 on those. The wear on them is amazing..they look great.

I heard there have been some issues with production and hence Skulls unavailable from most places for the past few months.

Anyone know when the big restock/availability date is?

They will be starting to restock soon, according to my sources shipping starts mid-May again!

Hey im looking to get a pair of 5010xxs and im not sure what size to get. I sized down one in nudie jim japans, and from what ive read the two fit relatively similar. Should i go with a 27 or should i size down to a 26? Im just concerned about stretching, etc. Any info would be much appreciated

Hey im looking to get a pair of 5010xxs and im not sure what size to get. I sized down one in nudie jim japans, and from what ive read the two fit relatively similar. Should i go with a 27 or should i size down to a 26? Im just concerned about stretching, etc. Any info would be much appreciated

Don't size down. Get a s.27

...my skull medallion wallet... about a year and a half old... x-posted from the leather evolution thread...

just ordered that one for 130€ shipped - great deal it seems.

additionally ordered the skull leather chain from SE.

can't wait to have the stuff here.

@ Newman:

You mean the 5010, right? Although the consensus here is to go true-to-size, I sized down one (I'm a 34, copped a 33) and, though a little uncomfortable at first, they were fine within a couple of wears...

@Turn:

You'll love both those... great purchases...

Should I go true to size with the Skull 5001xx?
@ Newman:

You mean the 5010, right? Although the consensus here is to go true-to-size, I sized down one (I'm a 34, copped a 33) and, though a little uncomfortable at first, they were fine within a couple of wears...

yes. the consensus is go tts, but i'm going sized down 1 as well. it all depends on the individual. even though i'm a 29 true waist, i've seen people significantly taller/thicker than me wearing 29s as well. it depends on the size of your waist, hips, thighs.

i'm 5'8" about 135lbs with average sized thighs.

sizing down, you should be ready for pain, but they'll stretch out a bit after about a month or so.

thinking of getting those gray skulls, but they are a tag 28 (29) my skulls are a tag 30 (31) mine have plenty of room for sizing down, i reckon i could stretch them out, any thoughts anyone?

btw i have sam s0500xx 28, s5000bk 28

..so my 5010's went in for a crotch and front pocket stitching reinforcements a couple of days ago...

my question is - are people still having issues with the not-as-durable thread that skull uses?

...just curious...

Your girlfriend did a very nice job jpsmith98. It'll be great to see post-wash pictures.

will post more pics later, but in the meantime here's an interesting pic of her skulls post wash, along with a scrap of the same denim that i saved from when i hemmed them.

went from a sort of slate blue to a more royal blue after the wash. at least that's what it looks like in person.

prepostwash.jpg

Guest Ark Sakura
..so my 5010's went in for a crotch and front pocket stitching reinforcements a couple of days ago...

my question is - are people still having issues with the not-as-durable thread that skull uses?

...just curious...

it's kind of an issue, but then i accept their decision to use all cotton thread as part of their aesthetic - the jeans wear out and fall apart and need repairing. Wabi Sabi.

That said, I made sure my Flatheads were the 310 with polycotton stitching for longer life.

I dont think it's that they're using cheap thread or anything.

Yes it's 100% cotton and less durable than a poly blend, but I think the durability issue comes from the way most people wear their skulls--i.e. very slim. This leads to more stress on the stitching, therefore more breakage.

I dont think it's that they're using cheap thread or anything.

Yes it's 100% cotton and less durable than a poly blend, but I think the durability issue comes from the way most people wear their skulls--i.e. very slim. This leads to more stress on the stitching, therefore more breakage.

Wise words!