Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

looks great igit. you know, cameland had amazing results washing his nudies-style (no wash for something like 9 or 10 months.) if you haven't washed yet, i'd keep it up.

I wear a tag sz 30 samurai s710 lot 10 (so its more like a tagged 29) which fits perfectly. What size should i go for the 5010xx?

i'd say go with a 30, maybe a 31. definitely one of those two; 30 if you can deal with a super slim thigh. my 30s thighs measure under 10.5" after a year and they are tight. 5010xx fits ever-so-slimmer than 710. less taper.

After 13 months of wearing you decide they are too slim? hehe...

haha yeah, they were contest jeans and i decided to just stick it out instead of seeing if anyone wanted to trade for a size up. there were only around 30 of us in total, so i don't think we had the luxury of trade availability like what took place with the warehouse x blue in green thing. i figured they would've stretched, but not at all. fuk me.

this is how they looked in the first week... virtually no difference in stretching...

firstml5.jpg

how many washes enjoy?

five if i'm not mistaken, first wash was at 4 or 5 months. plus an ocean "wash" which did just about nothing except make the ride home suck dick.

yeah your mileage may vary... i've seen a good number of people say "brand X stretches like crazy" etc etc... but these simply did not stretch much at all. texas cotton! the waist gave about an inch, if that, and no stretching anywhere else.

sitting in class today, i caught a whiff of funk, so i just stopped by my parents for my skulls' sixth wash. only now do i discover that their washer supports a hot cycle! excellent! i've got a new pair of jeans coming in soon and this will definitely come in handy. i'll have pictures of the skulls up in a couple of days.

oh, also, my girlfriend just ordered a pair of lindas from the incredible shinichi-san. i'll put up pictures of those following her consent.

yup, in fact i would recommend it. he's super helpful & friendly and speaks good english, so there won't be any misunderstanding/language barrier should you have any questions. and, of course, he knows his product very well.

Sweet! hey and if you live in the states and wanna buy anything off of the fabfour site can you order it off the site, or do you need to email shinichi-san?

I'd also recommend emailing sinichi, but i heard also that when anybody orders a pair of 6x6's or 5010's on the site and lives in the us the sale is redirected through BiG or Self Edge. Not sure if its true but i think kiya said it in this thread a while ago.

is that your camera making the stitching look orange, or did they finally switch to a polycotton blend thread?

sorry, I have no idea..but I think it's my camera thats making the stitch look orange because my shoes look so much brighter in that pic.

i thought a new skull lineup was coming in october?

is there any truth to this still

I was wondering about when they would start to use the poly cotton thread, but i guess they're waiting a bit longer. I remember kiya saying something about them having some trouble with the denim production, though, so maybe in the next run they'll start using the new thread.

Any official news on this, kiya?

what if i put them in an oven or over a campfire

Pretty sure holding your jeans over a campfire will only make you look ridiculous. I say just sell them.