4th Generation IPod (20G)

MyMindSpray

all your questions can be answered if you go to ipodlounge.com

i had a 3rd GEN 15GB iPod. sold it after 1 week. why? the battery life on the thing is VERY POOR.

rated battery life is 8 hours. i ran a realtime test on the unit and it lasted barely 6 hours on with 3/4 volume and me not searching through any songs. the thing is, the unit will last 8 hours if you have it on 1/2 volume and you do not press stop, fwd, rwd, or shuffle through songs at all. but what good is that to a music lover??????

ran another realtime test with how i would use it in real-life... battery lasted 4 hours. i had the volume pretty loud and scrolled through songs periodically. i don't know about you, but 4 hours is pretty pitiful. on top of that, the battery meter is VERY INACURATE!

the 4th GEN iPod is rated at 12 hours so i'm guessing realtime tests will put it at 8 hours???? i haven't had the chance to test one of these out but that's what i'm hypothesizing. you don't have to take my word for it, you can read up on similar testiments on ipodlounge.com

hope that helped.

"and we can find new ways of living make playing only logical harm"

It charges really fast though. I never ever have had it die on me... It'll be fine taking it around for the day. The annoying thing is that you have to have all of your music on another hard drive. There's software to rip the music off your iPod, but by default you can't like burn anything off of it or copy music off of the iPod to your hardrive.

yeh i've got a 3rd gen and i have to say i love it, but the battery doesnt last, and because they are still on standby, even if u don't use it, it goes falt in about two days...kinda sux if ur away from home a bit. like redfoxx says, u have to use software to rip songs, but itsnot too hard, anit piracy laws...haha, why do they bother...?

• 3 weeks later...