New Fashion in New York

Matthew

Hi all,

I'm out on a trip to NYC next week and am trying to find out what has been happening over the past year.

I'm looking for info on young fashion retail stores and directional stores in terms of visual merchandising, display and architechture - also any new stores that have opened since feb 2004 when i was last there.

Also - does anyone know of any new concept stores in any of the out of town malls.

Finally any recommendations for Brooklyn?

Any suggestions most appreciated

for brooklyn goto williamsburg (bedford ave.) - i guess - there's mad vintage/used clothing stores with great deals. i was there for the first time abit ago and really enjoyed it. if you go down the side streets away from bedford threr are other smaller stores, with great deals too...

any recomendations for Bedford ave?

not sure if anything new has opened.. but everywhere will have new lines.. could check out 'aLife' on Orchard st. they teamed with Levis for a new campain. some say good/ others bad??haven't been there yet, tried on sunday but the shit was closed.. it's still on Orchard right?? anybody??

yeah alife is still on orchard.. love the coloured jeans & sneaks.. got to snap them up before they vanish...

was just in NY a couple of weeks ago.. and honestly nothing really new out there. though loads of great restrauants in the meat packing district. was the stella mccartney store open then ??? that is very cool to see for interior. love the london store as well. sorry didnt get to brooklyn this trip.. though i went to moby's new cafe in the lower east called teany.. yummy teas, sandwiches and cake for dayz...