Sign in to follow this  
gsep

gsep's top ten australian designers

errrr......

doesnt a top ten list have 10 items?

you have to add the superfuture favourite - tsubi.

i knew some smart ass would remind me how badly i count at this hour of the morning and i also knew the dirty T word would be used- give it up! the sooner distressed denim dies the better (unless they're a legitimate pair of ten year old shreds).

Can I add Melbourne-based men's designer Andrew Chiodo to your list? It's worth checking out his store on Little Collins Street. Naturally, it's been super-reviewed!

yeh, beci orphin's own princess tina label is based on her primo graphix skills....she has also freelanced for just about everyone in town....definitely list worthy

sydney labels lover and beauty of nature definitely belong on this list.....along with jain from melbourne.

jain is awesome...huge fan, beauty of nature are very clever, and have only seen a little of Susien Chong's , Lover label, but what i have seen is amazing... have to chase up links, does anyone know if these guys have websites??

This list is at risk of become full of names from Sydney and Melbourne - so perhaps I could suggest Razak (and his shop Miss Gladys Sim Choon) in quaint little Adelaide.

Quote:

Can I add Melbourne-based men's designer Andrew Chiodo to your list? It's worth checking out his store on Little Collins Street. Naturally, it's been super-reviewed!

--- Original message by pharis on Nov 25, 2003 02:51 AM

Pharis I've looked at what you've posted and you seem to be quite a well travelled person. So, to learn that you've considered chiodo for your top ten among the likes yohji, fahri, levis? etc just amazes me. I know fashion and design is personal and individual and we are all entitled to our opinions, choices, what have you, but chiodo......honestly. You've been to Comme des Garcons right?(Tokyo preferably, but anywhere will do) and you've seen the displays, the merchandising, the stock, THE WINDOWS for god's sake, haven't you? So you've learnt that chiodo isn't so much a designer but more of a re-hasher, a tracer. (Well imitation is the sincerest form of flattery isn't it Mr. Chiodo?) When in Tokyo next, Pharis, take a look. then you can save yourself the embarrasment of further posts. Comme with the life sucked out of it, lucky it's in Melbourne.

meh so over Tsubi........

Justine Taylor. Made and Hauser are my favourites..

Everything else seems so...same-o same-o

Although Tina Borg is pretty interesting......

I'm sure I've missed out on some really great labels but I can't think of any right now.

edited to add: Yes, I would have to say Lover is great too!

Edited by b on Apr 13, 2004 at 11:19 PM

sooo over that T shit.... hauser rocks, Justine Taylor?......got a link....Tina rocks....xx oz designers....

I adore Borg and Nevada.

I'd include Perth based label Sü.. good cuts, what I see in Dollhouse, Ink, Verve and Alice Euphemia is fabulous.

yeh Borg is oldschool icon..back from the raving days when she made the classiest dance wear to her new season gear which is sophisaticated construction and sublime use of fabric's....borgrocks!

Nevada's construction is tre' dope....she can (and does) turn anything into a wearable art work... super talented!

...Su who?...where is she stocking will have to sheck it out....?

of course I would find a thread like this before I head out to AU - what about SKND (street kid named desire), Rittenhouse, and Life With Bird? Any good? My cousins out there (2 girls in their twenties) really like these brands. Make good gifts for my bird back home?

Definitely gonna check these others too.

Cheers.

Edited by gboogie on Aug 14, 2005 at 10:14 AM

Big fan of PAM. Their shop Somedays is having a sale at the moment too.

Quote:

SOMEDAY

LEVEL 3

CURTIN HOUSE

252 SWANSTON ST

MELBOURNE

monday-saturday 12-7

sunday 12-5

Keep your eyes peeled for new label Shadow coming out of Melbourne town soon, too.

Nice Things, for Nice People :: http://www.niceproduce.com

Guest jmatsu
of course I would find a thread like this before I head out to AU - what about SKND (street kid named desire), Rittenhouse, and Life With Bird? Any good? My cousins out there (2 girls in their twenties) really like these brands. Make good gifts for my bird back home?

Definitely gonna check these others too.

Cheers.

Edited by gboogie on Aug 14, 2005 at 10:14 AM

used to be a big fan of street kid. do they still make shit? i haven't seen anything new for a while now.