gsep's top ten australian designers

gsep

i knew some smart ass would remind me how badly i count at this hour of the morning and i also knew the dirty T word would be used- give it up! the sooner distressed denim dies the better (unless they're a legitimate pair of ten year old shreds).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Quote:

Can I add Melbourne-based men's designer Andrew Chiodo to your list? It's worth checking out his store on Little Collins Street. Naturally, it's been super-reviewed!

--- Original message by pharis on Nov 25, 2003 02:51 AM

Pharis I've looked at what you've posted and you seem to be quite a well travelled person. So, to learn that you've considered chiodo for your top ten among the likes yohji, fahri, levis? etc just amazes me. I know fashion and design is personal and individual and we are all entitled to our opinions, choices, what have you, but chiodo......honestly. You've been to Comme des Garcons right?(Tokyo preferably, but anywhere will do) and you've seen the displays, the merchandising, the stock, THE WINDOWS for god's sake, haven't you? So you've learnt that chiodo isn't so much a designer but more of a re-hasher, a tracer. (Well imitation is the sincerest form of flattery isn't it Mr. Chiodo?) When in Tokyo next, Pharis, take a look. then you can save yourself the embarrasment of further posts. Comme with the life sucked out of it, lucky it's in Melbourne.

meh so over Tsubi........

Justine Taylor. Made and Hauser are my favourites..

Everything else seems so...same-o same-o

Although Tina Borg is pretty interesting......

I'm sure I've missed out on some really great labels but I can't think of any right now.

edited to add: Yes, I would have to say Lover is great too!

Edited by b on Apr 13, 2004 at 11:19 PM

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

yeh Borg is oldschool icon..back from the raving days when she made the classiest dance wear to her new season gear which is sophisaticated construction and sublime use of fabric's....borgrocks!

Nevada's construction is tre' dope....she can (and does) turn anything into a wearable art work... super talented!

...Su who?...where is she stocking will have to sheck it out....?

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

of course I would find a thread like this before I head out to AU - what about SKND (street kid named desire), Rittenhouse, and Life With Bird? Any good? My cousins out there (2 girls in their twenties) really like these brands. Make good gifts for my bird back home?

Definitely gonna check these others too.

Cheers.

Edited by gboogie on Aug 14, 2005 at 10:14 AM

• 1 year later...
of course I would find a thread like this before I head out to AU - what about SKND (street kid named desire), Rittenhouse, and Life With Bird? Any good? My cousins out there (2 girls in their twenties) really like these brands. Make good gifts for my bird back home?

Definitely gonna check these others too.

Cheers.

Edited by gboogie on Aug 14, 2005 at 10:14 AM

used to be a big fan of street kid. do they still make shit? i haven't seen anything new for a while now.

• 3 weeks later...