New Year's Eve '04-'05

Tisswat

Yeah, I know it's only september, but I was just wondering what to do on NYE this year. I stuck around in Amsterdam the past few years and it pretty much was a drag.. overpriced parties and clubnights that are no different from an average weekend.

So I'm considering a trip to Berlin or Istanbul this year. Or perhaps Prague.

What are you guys doing? Any suggestions?

Reporter: "What do you think about western civilization?"

Gandhi: "I think it would be a good idea."

• 1 month later...

You seriously have to consider Moscow. The city presently has the best party climate in all of Europe and there are an abundance of venues and parties to go to. Was there around Christmas & New Year and had a blast. Downside: expensive air tickets and you kinda need a local friend to avoid the language barrier and help you out with other obstacles. But other than that...go!

Thanks for the tips. I've booked my trip to Berlin. I hear Rio and Cookies are venues to check out but there are even better parties going on at unknown/awkward lacations. I guess I need to ask around in Berlin because I'm not going to find any party announcements online.

By the way: what about shopping? Berlin must be THE place to be for vinatage/second hand stuff! Any tips?

• 3 weeks later...

Probably one of the best choices to go for NYE. And loads of clubs too, if you're into electronic music at least.

Me, I'd probably go to either Maria: DJs: Agoria, Paul Kalkbrenner, Samson, Luciano, Modeselektor Dj-Team, Housemeister, Acid Maria, Sascha Funke, Jay Haze

or Tresor Feat: Television, Trapez, Traum Schallplatten Und Firm Records Present: In Gear For The New Year

DJs: Jay Denham, Triple R, Dirk Schneider, Schäben Und Voss, Dr Shingo, Anima, Herzfeldt & Moog T.

Have fun

• 3 weeks later...

I went to Polar.tv which was absolutely horrible. Tried to get in at Cookies, but there was a private party. People told us to avoid WMF, so we headed out to Maria where we had a blast.

Berlin is awesome!

Oh and thanks for the tips.

• 2 years later...