Your travel photos

miketan

Ghibli museum is great, especially if you like ghibli films or anime in general.

Its about a 30 min train ride from Shibuya to Mitaka station, then about a 15min walk along a river side.

If you like anime, I also visited Gonzo whilst I was there.

Such nice people, unfortunately i was too shy to take photos.

thanks for the comment on the shirt.

http://www.peaceforsale.com

aww looks great! IDN looked amazing. your pictures came out well. i'll be able to contribute to your thread when i get back from my trip! haha is there anywhere i HAVE to go check out while i'm in japan? i've been asking a lot of people for their tips because i really don't want to miss anything. i'll be in tokyo (central tokyo & shibuya) and kyoto.

I dont think you can really go wrong with a trip to Japan.

Don't stress out too much about seeing temples and stuff or sticking to an itinerary.

I maybe did 5 out of 20 things I had on my list.

If you staying around Shibuya, theres so many things to do, you'd have to live there to see most or to get over it. I found just walking around getting lost, not following a map too much was heaps of fun.

I was meant to goto Kyoto twice (I booked tickets), but I had such a great evening both nights before the departure day that I just didint go. I will go there and Osaka next time.

I found just meeting some of the greatest people I've meet in my life the best part of my trip.

Ask your friends for any friends they might have in Japan, maybe you can email them before you depart.

Thats what I did.

http://www.peaceforsale.com

Quote: posted: Yesterday @ 06:45 PM          msg. 12 of 13

aww looks great! IDN looked amazing. your pictures came out well. i'll be able to contribute to your thread when i get back from my trip! haha is there anywhere i HAVE to go check out while i'm in japan? i've been asking a lot of people for their tips because i really don't want to miss anything. i'll be in tokyo (central tokyo & shibuya) and kyoto.

Samsikle, when you hit Kyoto, jump on a shinkansen and head to Osaka for the day. Do all the shops in Amerikamura for sure, but once it gets dark head over to the Umeda sky building.http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=105225 it costs ¥700 to go up but there's an open air floating garden at the top of it that gives you one of the best views of you'll ever see, ever.

sybaritical, thanks for the tip! i got a list of things to do and i'll definitely put that on and tell my buds. it sounds like fun.

miketan, other people have told me just to wander backstreets and get lost in shibuya also which sounds like a great adventure but i don't think i'm up for being lost in a foreign country. our flight is on december 26th and we're gonna be there until january 6th. so day after christmas, land in tokyo stay by tokyo univ., spend new years in kyoto then get back to tokyo and stay in shibuya.

we all have our own things we want to do, my friend helen wants to go sight seeing, my friend mike wants to check out temples and the huge auto mall (i dono where that is..) and i have a list of stores i want to hit up all around shibuya, daikanyama, harajuku..

You got to go! There's a glass elevator takes you up and the view of Osaka from the very top observation platform is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. Just perfect quiet and a huge sea of neon blinking at you as far as you can see in every direction.

If you want temples and shrines get the train to Kama Kura outside of Tokyo, or once you've done a couple of the big temples in Kyoto, get a good day and just head out for a wander around Nara. I guarantee You'll be thrashed when you get back but just find a sento or onsen and soak it off (and then cross another essential off the list!)

thanks for the kind words

for the fisheyes, i have a nikkon coolpix 4500 the macros on this is amazing! with a nikkon fisheye lens..

but my point and shoot and my baby is a kyocera t4. I really want to save up for the real one but i dont have any money.....

tons of stuff for sale now on ebay: corpus, Rag & Bone, Helmut Lang, levi's premium, Gap, vintage etc.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

• 3 weeks later...

man, i kinda wish i went to tokyo in the winter, summer was just so much heat...... and shit i miss that...was that japan air? because those crackers they give out are insane.

i miss tokyo so much...

tons of stuff for sale now on ebay: corpus, Rag & Bone, Helmut Lang, levi's premium, Gap, vintage etc.

samsikle, i looked at your pics again and man, it makes me so nolstalgic about being in japan....you stayed where? I stayed in minowa and paid like 50$ for a shared room, it was a hike, but couldnt afford any place closer. Shibuya is amazing, I feel Ueno is overlooked by a lot of people, you can find jeans galore there....all those amazing tents...

i was really bummed because i didn't get to go to all the stores i wanted to. my friends aren't too on to the whole superfuture-fashion thing. but i did go off by myself on the last day to go do some last minute shopping for my friends in harajuku. i wanted to go to daikanyama and check out stuff but i'm a bad navigator, i woulda gotten myself lost.

when we got there we stayed at Homeikan Ryokan off the hongosanchome stop marunouchi line (yess i still remember. im so homesick, you don't even know icon_smile_dead.gif ). on dec. 30, we took the shinkansen to kyoto and stayed at J-Hoppers hostel. then on Jan. 3rd, we went back to tokyo and stayed at the Tokyu Excel Shibuya Hotel. Overall 11 days.

how long ago did you go? and when are you planning to go back, because i knowww you want to go back too! haha, how can you not! :P i didn't get to go to ueno :( shibuya is, indeed amazing. everything is like within reach! food, shopping, entertainment, movies, everything. when i got back to cali, i was soo bummed. no more subways, vending machines and good food.