Your travel photos

miketan

Quote:

i was really bummed because i didn't get to go to all the stores i wanted to. my friends aren't too on to the whole superfuture-fashion thing. but i did go off by myself on the last day to go do some last minute shopping for my friends in harajuku. i wanted to go to daikanyama and check out stuff but i'm a bad navigator, i woulda gotten myself lost.

when we got there we stayed at Homeikan Ryokan off the hongosanchome stop marunouchi line (yess i still remember. im so homesick, you don't even know icon_smile_dead.gif ). on dec. 30, we took the shinkansen to kyoto and stayed at J-Hoppers hostel. then on Jan. 3rd, we went back to tokyo and stayed at the Tokyu Excel Shibuya Hotel. Overall 11 days.

how long ago did you go? and when are you planning to go back, because i knowww you want to go back too! haha, how can you not! :P i didn't get to go to ueno :( shibuya is, indeed amazing. everything is like within reach! food, shopping, entertainment, movies, everything. when i got back to cali, i was soo bummed. no more subways, vending machines and good food.

--- Original message by samsikle on Jan 16, 2006 03:22 PM

yeah, i went summer 2003, august, it was hot as shit. i wore around a pair of choco sandals (tried to break them in for backpacking) but my feet got all crappy and ended up buying an aweosme pair of new balance mt555. i didnt go to nearly as many stores as i wanted to because i already had a 50lb pack and knew that i whatever i bought, i would have to carry with me for the next 3 months, so i didnt buy anything really, bought an awesome tshirt though, no name brand...i was there by myself, so i had all the time in the world to get lost and explore. i was there for like a week or so, i shared my room in minowa....i want to go back next year, but i'm broke so we;ll see...ueno was probably my favorite, followed by shibuya for shopping....shinjuku i found too expensive..

did you notice how amazingly nice everyone was? i got lost and went into a KFC (in like 98 degree heat with a 50 lb pack on my back) and asked the manager for directions, he barely spoke english and he ended up walking with me for like 15 minutes to show me where my hotel was. from that day forward i made a promise to never ignore a japanese tourist again!

tons of stuff for sale now on ebay: corpus, Rag & Bone, Helmut Lang, levi's premium, Gap, vintage etc.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

dude, seriously. we got kinda lost going to our hostel in kyoto and a little old lady on a bike ASKED US IF WE WERE LOST (we didn't ask her for directions). then she proceeded to walk us back down to our hostel. her and i had a broken english/japanese conversation about where we were from and junk about america. so many people seriously touched our lives during that trip. on top of the nice people, the service there (anywhere) is outstanding. it compels me to be a better worker. did you come back from your trip like x5497464596846 more polite? we got off the plane still saying, "sumimasen!" in the airport! haha.

that's a really neat idea to go alone, but then again kinda scary. i think if we plan another trip i'll have more alone days. i had fun going off by myself, just exploring. but i gotta work on my sense of direction.

japan was amazing, good place to visit as i went two times last year.

much better is taipei, a bit smaller and with actually room to breathe.

here are my photos from new year as well as a friend of mines (lomo camera)

dj'ed to 700 in south of taipei, good times :)

http://public.fotki.com/batonchik/lacosta/taipei_from_lomo/

http://public.fotki.com/batonchik/lacosta/taipei_dec_25-jan_4th/

samsikle: btw are you crazy to fly JAL? mad expensive.

Quote:

absolut! your pics are ace! i love the sunset shots and the city scape. the nightlife looks awesome. haha the adidas knockoff bag cracked me up.

i know JAL right? not as bad, $800 round trip.

--- Original message by samsikle on Jan 19, 2006 11:14 PM

i CANNOT emphasize how good the crackers are on JAL! They seriously made my million hour flight so much more bearable.....

plus the tv sets and the game of go on the video screen to boot.

tons of stuff for sale now on ebay: corpus, Rag & Bone, Helmut Lang, levi's premium, Gap, vintage etc.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...