Where to find clothes in LA / Melrose? (michiko koshino yen, fake genius)

kyee87

thanks, i been to Fred Segal and saw their Blueblood collection. i was looking for a little bit older t-shirt which i think they said they sold out of. all i see now are the "Lobster Pot" t-shirts, and i'm looking for the ones that say "for our friends" or "lobsters are our friends".

i've been to up against the wall, and seen their PRPS collection too. i was looking at some of their jeans, how does the pricing compare to other stores? i bought a PRPS shirt from Traffic at the beverly center and it was more than up against the wall, but is up against the wall the cheapest place to get PRPS? i've heard of American Rag, i will have to check it out.

i'm looking for a Y-3 black denim jeans jacket. maybe they have it at up against the wall, but i mainly saw y3 shoes there. still gotta check Barneys.

still looking for Michiko Koshino Yen and Fake London Genius, haven't been able to spot those anywhere. any recommendations? thanks

American Rag is def worth a trip, one of my single fave stores in town and i think you'd at least find the overall selection to be very good even if you don't find the exact pieces you are looking for.

Traffic has a great selection but their prices seem a tad high, compared to the same item i've seen elsewhere

personally am not into Michiko Yen or Fake London so can't help you there.

you might want to check out Alpha on Melrose (west of stores like Fred Segal/Miu Miu, right before the Pacific Design Center... about 20 feet from it)...havent had a chance to check it out but it's supposed to be quite a good store, but i'm not sure exactly what lines they carry.

hmm i usually don't buy used clothes. how much are you asking for them, and where are you located? i'm in los angeles. pics would help thanks.

i'm still looking for places to buy new Fake London and Michiko Koshino Yen though, anybody know of anywhere in California? thanks guys

At Up Against the Wall (alittle shameless self promotion here, I am the manager) we have:

Red Monkey, Evisu (not my taste, but we have it), PRPS (love 'em), and Y-3 shoes and apparel for men and women.

We also have John Richmond and John Varvatos stuff, but it doesn't excite me much...

Traffic, downstairs in the Bev. Ctr has a decent selection of Nudies, including some that just went on SALE. They also have PRPS, but not the selection we have. They are due to get their new Nudie spring shipment on or around Jan. 15th.

Come on in and say hi if you're ever in the Bev. Ctr...I sell a lot of clothes to a lot of annoying people, so I'd be thrilled to talk to someone who actually knows alittle something about fashion

Oh, and if you go to Traffic ask for Peter or Elan (ay-lan)...both awesome guys, and totally into their jeans!

Fuck....more shit to buy