MilSpex

• 2 weeks later...

-Real World-

Toms

Rock&Revival (really?!)

MEK

Affliction

True Religion

I would wear most of your lists other than these brands and brands like it.

Where the hell is all the common projects hate coming from? I own a pair of court mids in white, and I will say without hesitation that they are my favourite of the 14 pairs of shoes I own. I would go further than that; they are the best purchase I have ever made, because they a super comfortable, very well made, simple, classic, and they go with everything. You want overrated? Let's talk about those ridiculous Prada espadrilles. Are people blind, or just posing in the nonsensical mass-hype? They are fucking hideous!

But for brands in general:

- Louboutin — used to be great; now his stuff is the definition of tacky

- Jeremy Scott x Adidas — who buys that stuff?

a nod to Bape, and Supreme, too

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How are these (gap,Esprit ,skull candy) overrated ??Gap makes basics end of,

Esprit is a brand for soccer moms and skull candy makes shitty headphones for teenage boys and girls...

All three of them aren't held in high esteem, they are there and that's it

I don't see how they are overrated as in the sense apc and the north face, which should perform better due to their pricing and media exposure

Strongly disagree with dsquared, yes the t-shirts are obviously overpriced but most of their jeans are great and the higher end stuff is always very striking, and very well made.

One of the few labels which always has some things which I like and would/do wear

How are these (gap,Esprit ,skull candy) overrated ??Gap makes basics end of,

Esprit is a brand for soccer moms and skull candy makes shitty headphones for teenage boys and girls...

All three of them aren't held in high esteem, they are there and that's it

I don't see how they are overrated as in the sense apc and the north face, which should perform better due to their pricing and media exposure

so altough they are not held in high esteem, they are overrated. simply they are so shitty, that they do not deserve place where they are.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Stumptown Coffee ~ Credit where credit is due, they did save the small coffee industry.

Fjallraven Kanken ~ These have become so ubiquitous wherever people who believe themselves to be more cutting edge than they actually are gather. Always in garishly bright colors.

Edited by BryanForrestKim

• 5 weeks later...

Balmain

True religion (the 'designer jean' bs isn't THAT BAD, but it is when you start charging momo prices for less than momo)

alexander wang

Louboutin

louis vuitton

gucci

anything self edge sells that isn't denim

I have to defend diesel-- even though the common stuff is guidoish, a lot of their designs are dope, and the quality for the higher end stuff is great. I only disagree with the price-- but whatcha gonna do? Demand/supply's a bitch.

anything self edge sells that isn't denim

Wow! I wish I could give you +10 rep for having the balls to say that here! I love that store's denim offerings but too many of their t-shirts, hoodies they carry (I'm looking at you Iron Heart) look like Urban Outfitter rejects. Yet the denimheads who love their understandable awesome denim go crazy about that shit. I don't care if it's meticulously made with the finest quality cotton, it's JUST a black t shirt that's ill-fitting and has "Iron Heart" written in a plain ugly font. I just don't get it...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's hard to be into fashion (might not be into it as you, fairly new to being invested in fashion) and not be into ovverated brands in my opinion,

but a few:

Givenchy - should be called out. the birds of paradise shit "looks like a vegetable side order at a chinese restraunt." absurdly expensive, and leather stars/animals/corny-religious-imagry was interesting the first 10 times every rapper in the world wore those designs. I understand this isn't givenchy's fault, and also I don't doubt that their quality is good. Also some seriously dumb lookbooks.

Alexander Mcqueen/Balmain - "rebelious" fashion loses all purpose when you are the most expensive labels on the market right now. And not bad looking clothes for balmain mostly, but the whole idea is annoying to me.

Mastermind Japan - Fuckouttahere with the absurd prices / fucking retarded skull and crossbone designs. same shit as Balmain basically except this is just absolutely hideous.

Bape - a bad joke. The fact that people still bring them up is like bringing up the new boyz in a hip-hop conversation. Played out, started something that has evolved but bape doesn't seem to get that.

Boy London - Nah.

Ronnie Fieg - nah.

Jeremy Scott - novelty items, not clothes

feel free to tell me if you think i'm wrong on any of these, but don't be a douchebag.

Overpriced doesn't mean overrated,though.

I don't think anyone is "beasting" on Balmain enough for the brand to be overrated. It is a bit underrated, imo. I don't even think it is "SuFu approved".

Same argument can be applied to Visvim.

Edited by PRC.