Most overrated brands

MilSpex

where do I start...hmmm...

BAPE, is it me or are they taking the piss out of you - you look like you are in grade school with this stuff on

SUPREME (current, back in the day it was pretty tight)

NIKE, who cares? remember the beanie baby phenomena?

North Face, why? to look just like every mum, dad and thug?

NOM DE GUERRE, is it pronounced NOM DE GAY? very bland and boring and extremely over priced

and many many more brands but i'm outta time.

I am not a hater, but you asked.

cheers!

Is BBC BAPE etc... even over rated. maybe they were but now it seems like most people dislike the stuff and see through it. It seems the only people who wear BBC are nerdy hypebeasts with an internet connection paid for by mom and dad or wannabe rappers/djs/producers.

my favourite things

http://mfthings.blogspot.com/

bape

TNA makes tight spandex tracksuits, as well as fur trim hoodies with logos all over it. It's the private brand of Aritizia. Very popular amongst 13-18 year olds, as well as 50 year old hoochie mamas wanting too revive their youth. Fits right in with Uggs, Juicy Couture zip-ups, fake Chanel sunglasses and Motorola Razrs (their uniform.)

Quote:
Quote:

Supreme is overrated as fuck, i agree.

Other overrated brands:

- A Bathing Ape/Baby Milo (the tools that fawn over this brand is really what makes it so annoying...the product itself isn't so bad sometimes)

- APC (the jeans are alright...but overhyped and the actual clothes suck)

- Post S/S 05 Dior Homme (pre-votc DH is pretty underrated it seems...or maybe the hype for the current brand image just overshadows the name Hedi made for himself with the early collections)

--- Original message by Fade to Black on Jan 9, 2006 05:45 PM

you obviously wouldnt ever wear supreme so shut the fuck up. I wouldnt touch dior but I dont go round saying `yeah dior is for fags`.

Supreme sweatshirts are the best quality Ive ever seen, jackets can be really nice. I love the fit on the tees, not too body hugging, tight neckholes, quality of prints varies but I can always pick up something Im happy with. Supreme`s bags are obviously the best of the genre.

--- Original message by MilSpex on Jan 9, 2006 07:45 PM

preach it.

supreme has been consistent with design and quality. hasnt done me wrong at all. and the fit is absolutely perfect.

nike and every other corporation screwing us over.

So what exactly does TNA stand for?

I know the rich white trash look has hit the canadian female population hard. But wouldn't Lululemon or Juicy be a better representative than TNA?

---

Edited by DJ_Flame on Mar 27, 2006 at 06:44 PM

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Quote:

To what extent is BMW overrated?!

--- Original message by KLAUS on Mar 28, 2006 05:03 AM

each progressive gen of their brand is getting uglier in my opinion. remember the '95 m3; that thing looked mean as hell. since then, their line of M-series have lost that prowess. but i don't think they've ever been overrated, in fact they've been well rated in terms of driving; they're still monsters at a somewhat affordable cost. plus other brands, like infiniti and lexus, are comin' up and bmw isn't leagues above the rest anymore.

as for other brands, definitely:

bape, seein' hypefiends in them acting like effin' elitists.

ben sherman, you can get that stuff anywhere.

american apparel, sure the fit is appealing but never buy that stuff for retail.

paper denim, super duper ugly.

ps3 (is that considered a brand?), not worth 700 bones!

seven jeans, though i can't deny some women look stunning in 'em.

you'd know if you were handsome

Quote:

where do I start...hmmm...

BAPE, is it me or are they taking the piss out of you - you look like you are in grade school with this stuff on

SUPREME (current, back in the day it was pretty tight)

NIKE, who cares? remember the beanie baby phenomena?

North Face, why? to look just like every mum, dad and thug?

NOM DE GUERRE, is it pronounced NOM DE GAY? very bland and boring and extremely over priced

and many many more brands but i'm outta time.

I am not a hater, but you asked.

cheers!

--- Original message by gboogie on Mar 16, 2006 01:09 PM

Nom de guerre absolutely, that place is absurd. Think they're the total shit. Kind of cool store but LAME clothing and their shoe collection isnt that amazing either.

BEBE-every girl under 25 has one of their ruffled skirts and you could probably get the same thing at target for $5

PRPS-A mental patient locked in a room with a bucket of paint, some knives and raw 501s would end up with $380 PRPS.

TSUBI- I like the fits, but you could get the exact same thing at Levi's, also, what is up with the zippers at the bottom of some of their jeans?

HERMES-For those of you not familiar with this brand (pronounced er-mess) it is a couture house that insists on you paying $600 for a fucking scarf.

EVISU-Do I even have to say anything?

VW -- lotsa lemons

Microsoft -- bulky me2 softwares

SONY -- you slap that logo on, instantly worth $100+ more for the same thing

Hollywood -- for obvious reasons, yet there's money there, always

Nike running shoes -- looks cool but messes people's feet up mad, if you're really into running

United States olympic basketball teams -- no chemistry, no hunger, lotsa losses

diet sodas -- they aren't good for you, it's just slightly less bad

Chipotle -- if you think those big fat burritos are better for you than Mickey D's, who own them

Budweiser -- if that's king of beer, i want out of the kingdom, and what's up with that "premium" crap?

NO! i eat at chipotle everyday and not only are their burritos good, but mcdonalds only has a 25% share. partial ownership. Sorry chicken, i respect your japanese language skills, but i love my chipotle. And no, chipotle is far worse for you than mcdonalds, but my metabolism hasnt slowed down yet (5'10, 125 lbs.) so i aint complainin. i agree on everything else.

Hey start. I like chipotle, too. What I meant by it was that it cracks me up that people are now going there thinking it's healthier alternative or something while they diss mickey-d's. There is no way those big fat satisfying burritos are any better than burgers. I just raised it because I thought we're talking about over-hype here.

BAPE - Its dead and buried Nigo has lost all direction

BBC - Icecream - please Pharell go back to making music

CK jeans - Quality has dropped IMO

NIke SB - ran out of ideas obssed with making everything have a concept "mork & mindy" dunk WTF

Umbro - if it ever was alive its dead now

Adidas ADICOLOR - HYPE

Adidas ADICOLOR - HYPE

I second that. I remeber a couple years back when most things adidas did were sublte and understated. Now it seems like theyve gone completely overboard, especially with the adicolor release. I mean, there are some gems in there, but 80-90% of the stuff is just horrible. Just compare the 35 ans releases to this years adicolors and you'll see what I'm talking about

MARC JACOBS! since he's left vuitton. He only makes cute shoes on occasion... otherwise he just layers dresses and shirts. and that stam bag is fugly IMHO. Anyone who's BFF's with Hohan shouldn't be taken seriously.

• 3 weeks later...