Sign in to follow this  
sufu1

++++superfuture 4.0 !!!++++

there's a lot of stuff missing... I just went searching for the original Fullcount thread and there's none to be found.

I've seen this happen with many forums. "upgrades" end up taking away features. IF FUNCTIONALITY GOES AWAY IT'S NOT AN UPGRADE!

So far I've seen:

- Google search gone, so limited to the original nonfunctional-as-far-as-I'm-concerned search function

- No ability to go directly to newest posts in a thread

- HUGE amount of wasted space in the left portion of the page

- I just noticed that I'm only seeing like 10 or so posts per page in a thread, that sucks too (don't know if you can configure that per user).

- Cluttered (read: DOTS!)

Anything else? I understand that SF wants to consolodate (just one server? less bandwidth usage? Easier to administer?) but it's really not justifiable to make the forums actually WORK less good.

Gay. Feels like stepping into

eboy.jpg

Did like the layout on the frontpage, but forum is superfail.

seriously hope that for once they listen to the feedback their getting on this

Ok, here's an interesting "feature" ...

If I go to the user control panel (http://www.superfuture.com/usercp.php) it shows me a list of the threads to which I am subscribed. In THAT list of threads the good old green checkbox still exists which has the mouse-over message "go to first new post" YAY!

But I click any of them and I get a blank white screen.

BOOOOOOOO

this is real messy. reading the board is making my dick hurt.

Sounds like your cock needs new glasses.

Am I the only one who is sort of coming round on the design? I mean sure there are bugs and functional problems with it, and its a little cluttered... But remember how you felt when RAF ss 08 came out? and then you looked at it some more...

and now?

I think this may do the same, unrecognised genius.

also... we got the duck on the front page! what more could you ask?

To be frank, this shit sucks balls. Call me when they fix it...

maybe its just by browser but the update steals real estate on monitors. I have a 24" monitor and the adds on the left side and on top take up a good 5-6 inches thus squishing the body of the forum to the right. I know updates are for us and to improve the Integrity of the site; so thanks for the update.

thanks all. we are listening and feeling all that wonderful love and affection. after all, i would be REALLY upset if no one commented at all... but in fact all this hysterical ranting feedback is GREAT... [though we just need it consolidated into one thread]. i want to frame artificialsky's diagrams. i was pissing myself when i saw that. pls. send hi-res.

at this point superfuture is just excited that this new site actually WORKS...[total miracle] given the massive coding labotomy that we have just undertaken.

FUNCTIONAL ISSUES

++++++++++++++++++

given the complexity of this monster [just view the source code if you want to get an idea] we were expecting plenty of FUNCTIONAL issues - though you might be surprised that there are less than expected. a lot of the functions and issues are only appearing NOW as they couldn't be tested in development.. so we'll be working through these. like last page link/buttons. etc.

also functions like search, stats, and tags haven't been fully linked up yet. we are just making sure the server is handling the loads ok first.

if someone want to summarize the BUGS in 1 POST instead of us have to troll through a dozen threads that will help speed up the process.

DESIGN ISSUES

++++++++++++++++++

the DESIGN TWEAKS are the relatively EASY part...!

a lot of what has been commented on we were already aware of.

like...

1. left have column. yep. seems to be the main cause of riot 3.0/

2. the spacings/ padding/alignments definitely needs to be tweaked... pages also look really squished on safari compared to firefox. issue has been that the vb css stylesheets on supertalk are 2000 lines long and if we change one style on one page it ends up screwing everything on another page that is buried somewhere else in supertalk.. so to even move an image or text 1 PIXEL is like brain surgery... and incredibly frustrating.

3. dots shmots. rep, peens... ok. so we can have design competition for a revised PEEN... i made those myself in .45 seconds.

4. colors/icons... etc.

5. usability

yep/.

of course last time when we moved to supertalk 3 everyone totally hated the design of that too... then after a few weeks everyone got used to it. i can barely remember what supertalk 3 looked like and can't remember supertalk 2 at all?!

it's good to know you're being receptive about it all.

if the spacing is fixed so it's less cluttered, the dots are banished and the rep bars are cured of herpes i will be content.

But the jump from CFBB ro vB was definitely an upgrade...I always preferred standard vB setups though. Can't say the same about this. I'll get used to it.

Oh God, the memories.

Supertalk 2.0

http://web.archive.org/web/20060427133926/http://www.superfuture.com/city/supertalk/

Supertalk 3.0

http://web.archive.org/web/20070624181206/http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/

BUGS I found so far.

- editing your posts seems to delete the post entirely but your name still shows up as the last to post in the thread

- drop down box in supermessages does not work, you can select other folders but it will just show inbox

- reply box, the font sizes and colors do not work, bold,italic and underline do. most likely a CSS problem where all replys are fixed to a certain size and color I'm assuming

- not sure if this was intended or not but how come links that you have clicked are not differentiated from the links you haven;t clicked yet. I want threads that I have clicked to be a different from the ones I haven't

- sufu links in sigs most likely redirect you to the sufu frontpage and not the intended link

in light of the above, re-submitting my old rep bar design...

rep1.jpg

i was the last poster in a thread and when i clicked on the thread again my post didn't/still isn't showing up

i've posted in this thread twice and both didn't go through. IDK if a moderator isn't publishing them or what but either way this is ridiculous

Sufu 4.0 is some SuperShit. Why the fuck is everything squished into the the right of the screen? Boo!! This is some Doodoo!

So much fail in this 4.0

I'm pretty much with everyone on most of the issues.

btw, there are some threads where I can't get to the last page w/o getting through the 1st.

don't really see why our names are on the top right of the page but you can't even click it to go to your profile

i guess it makes sense if you have multiple users using one computer...

log out should be right next to it at least, then it'd make sense.