Seoul/Singapore - Ice Cream Kicks?/Shopping

ichiroflex

What's crackin all?

Just wondering if there are any stores in Seoul or Singapore who are selling the new Ice Cream shoes? Just got released last week in NY and basically sold out in the first few hours! I got myself some in cream color from Alife but are really wanting the white ones!

Hit me back if anyone has got the low down.

Thanks.

p.s- If you know of any new clothes/sneakers stores in Seoul or Singapore i'd love to hear from ya.

one life

i was out all day yesterday trompin the streets and saw the ice creams ALL OVER!

not sure where they sold out from but..

nom de guerre

Alife

Classic Kicks

all have them. why are u buyng them? u actually gonna wear them? personally i tdon't think they're all that..

why not just get the Bape sneakers for 600-800? i mean if you gonna drop the cash why not DROP THE CASH?!

is it a status thing?

• 4 weeks later...

i've been trying real hard to see the good behind these shoes, but for the life of me i can't...it all just seems like some huge marketing/hype scam...the basic shape of the shoe is alright (though not groundbreaking), and the packaging and quality i'm sure are on point...but the graphics are just sooooo lame...i'm all for spending money on quality...but there is def a balance...and i'm sorry, these shoes visually just don't cut it...for what Pharrell and Nigo could have done with Reebok backing them, they could have put out a much better product...

just my thoughts....

i still can't understand how these things have apparently sold out. i was just at UNDFT brea last saturday and both colorways were just sitting on the shelves collecting dust.

"and we can find new ways of living make playing only logical harm"

Edited by sr20det on Oct 15, 2004 at 06:37 PM

are you talking about the BBC ice creams? i saw a pair of the white ones out here in seoul... a parallel import shop, "JB" (no relation to the UK chain) had them out in myungdong.

have to say they're pretty heinous, though.

• 3 weeks later...

To anyone who actually believes that the Ice Cream's are really limited...you're a typical dumbass consumer who just gets fooled by major corporations and advertising pigs. It's bullshit.

Even a lot of the really "limited" kicks out there aren't really limited. Especially if they're Nike's...when they release it they always come up with all that exclusive for (insert country) and never to be released again! Limited only to 400 pairs in the world! Few months later...or sometimes years...you suddenly see them in stores again or in other country's where it wasn't supposed to be in the first place And no, it ain't import reselling, it's wholesale! Nike would be quick to jump on any product they've released earlier if it was really popular. If you have been in the sneaker scene for years you'll know what I'm talkin bout...for those who just started...just wait. And no not all are reissued as retros! The retros are released officially i.e. announced in the market along with pics/ads but the secret reissues are not official, they just all of a sudden start popping up in stores again after they've "sold out" months/years before.

I hate everything and everyone.

oh yeah, and as far as I'm concerned...Of all the shoe stores I've stopped by that stock that crap since it released, I've went back to all of em and guess what? They're still on the shelves...

As for you singapore question, what do you think superfuture's for? Why don't you go check out the list there yourself? If you want quick answers then check Ambush, club 21 and the commes des garcons guerilla store in Chinatown.

I hate everything and everyone.