Rare prototype New Balance - Size 12

Telix

I've been sitting on these shoes since late 2001, and I thought I'd share them with you guys and see your opinions, and if anyone was interested in purchasing these. Here is their story:

I was on a co-op in Boston with a schoolmate, who was working at New Balance as a shoe designer. New Balance would design shoes and prototypes would be made, and employees would sometimes be able to acquire pairs. These shoes were one of those prototypes, and were given to me. As far as I can tell, these shoes were never produced for sale. I've worn them a bit, but never outside as far as I can remember. They are rather... flashy... as can be seen.

Now, I don't really know what the value of these kinds of things are to shoe people. These are clearly some weird ass shoes for New Balance. They are labeled as 950's, and New Balance essentially prices their shoes at .1 x the number of the shoe itself, so these would have been priced around $100 or so.

They are size 12. I'm going to start the sale at $150. Offers are accepted for the seriously interested.

Pics:

nb_01.jpg

nb_02.jpg

nb_03.jpg

nb_04.jpg

nb_05.jpg

nb_06.jpg

nb_07.jpg

that bit you stated about the pricing is totally untrue.

that would mean that their two most popular models, the 564 and the 568, would sell for 56 dollars.

which is wrong.

they sell from 95 to 165 depending on whether or not they're tier 1 or tier two and what type of leather was used and if it was made in china or england...

-k

Edited by kiya on Nov 28, 2005 at 08:57 PM