ala moana hawaii

stayhandsome

In the distant future I plan on moving near the Ala Moana center in Hawaii. Does anybody have any good info on the area around the shopping center. I'm just trying to get a good idea of the following:

Is there decently priced living within bicycling distance?

I plan on using a bicycling as my primary form of transportation. Possible?

Are there fun things to do like cool bars, good places to eat or is it pure tourism?

Thank you in advance!

A bike will be totally fine. Thats all I had when I lived there (about 10 minutes from the mall and about 15 from waikiki). I got shit 2 do now, but Ill post more later. Also, check all the other "Hawaii" threads since the area (Honolulu... at least the central/touristy part) is so small most of the spots in those threads are within biking distance.

Cheers

Edit* How long u gonna stay?

HI B boring as a motherfucker if u dont surf or boogie board.

leonards for malasadas

ono for hawaiian food (though lately when i've had it it hasn't been as good and more tourists go there now)

i love the sunday brunch (dont remember if its only sundays) at the halekulani hotel

le bistro in the niu valley shopping center is a good local french restaurant

goma ichi ramen i've heard is amazing, but i've never been myself, seeing that i only get to go to hawaii once a year or less

shirokiya in ala moana is pretty fun

my familys been going to tamashiro market for seafood for decades

http://onokinegrindz.typepad.com/ono_kine_grindz/

In the distant future I plan on moving near the Ala Moana center in Hawaii. Does anybody have any good info on the area around the shopping center. I'm just trying to get a good idea of the following:

Is there decently priced living within bicycling distance?

I plan on using a bicycling as my primary form of transportation. Possible?

Are there fun things to do like cool bars, good places to eat or is it pure tourism?

Thank you in advance!

just go 2 waikiki and fuck jap tourist bitches.

Thanks for the info so far..

I'm from Detroit and trying to spread my wings.

The company I work for has a location in A.M. and after I make a good enough dent I wanna do some travelling. Figured I could live in Hawaii for a year or two and learn how to surf and stuff like that. (been skating for almost 15 years)

The only time I've ever seen the ocean is from airplanes.

I also wanna live somewhere I can ride my bike year round as the Chicago winter is finally starting to get to me. Long distance riding and some good climbs are always a plus.

I'm also a DJ but figure I'd have to hang that up for as long as I live in Hawaii.

must like hairy bushes...

you must like ethnic-profiling. shit must b mad exaggerated cause yous a colorblind motherfucker.

how many japbitches u fuck anyway? hawaiin squids don't count.