justice. thank go d its over...

NESK

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this really doesn't change anything about them at all.

corny white hipsters will still pay:

$30 for a ticket

$10 per watered down drinks

$15 for a triple stack of E thats really just sugar pills

$20 for the cab back to that dude/chick you met on the floor's apartment

$.25 for a condom from the vendor

and an STD for the shitty, lame, and remorseful sex you have there after

saying you got laid after a justice show: priceless

there are plenty of things money can buy, but that doesn't mean justice have changed one bit after this bit of news.

quoted for truth, just like daft punk, whos pre-programmed the 'alive' set too.

Both daft punk and Justice have produced great tracks and are a good live show/act. Although I'd love to see live electro being played, I don't think any big dj would do that every show or once for that matter. Why take the risk of fucking up when you can play your own produced tracks in any order and premixed state you desire. I dont think thats what people want out of them either, it would be fucking awesome to have djs making live music, but I dont think it will ever work out.

Justice puts on a great show, they build their sets up nice, the sets are put together and mixed very well, they have their own synchronized light show and when at the end of the set they walk away in total darkness only to come back to people screaming for an encore, and they play metallica's master of puppets with the whole crowd going wild, i dont think anyone cares its pre-programmed.

edt: although i can imagine trying to let go of something because hipsters/cwgs/cwds/guidos are hyping it up, but luckily thats not the case where im from.

Justice does 2 type of shows. The one with the midi controller unplugged is from a dj set. I guess just recently justice decided to start mixing with ableton. The 2nd type of show they do is there live show where they use 2 lemurs, pioneer mixer, ableton and etc to produce their own songs "live."

Soulwax play live, and they play their remixes live in band form of LCD Soundsystem, Daft Punk and Tiga. Hell there are alot of electro acts that do shows "live." DJ sets are different,

DJs are using ableton for dj sets b/c they have they more control (can focus heavily on effects) and there sets are prearranged with where they want to loop, cut and skip through tracks, so its pretty much flawless compared to live spinning on cdjs or turntables. Ableton djing is different (more possibilities) from spinning with records and cds.

Oh yea Justice are totally overrated.

most of those du's use logic, at least as far as the kavinsky/justice household goes

I'm pretty sure almost everyone uses logic and cubase to produce their tracks. People just use ableton to perform their songs live. Saw an interview where SMD talked about their live setup and everything was wired to ableton.

I'm pretty sure almost everyone uses logic and cubase to produce their tracks. People just use ableton to perform their songs live. Saw an interview where SMD talked about their live setup and everything was wired to ableton.

no shit. i'm talking production, as opposed to pro tools, or garageband like this dude implied

Birth name Richard Hawtin

Born June 4, 1970 (1970-06-04) (age 38)

Oxfordshire, England

Origin Windsor, Ontario

Genre(s) Minimal techno

Label(s) Plus 8, M-nus, Warp

Website plastikman.com

by the years you know richie hawtin has been playing live electro you mean a couple months ago? when you were 17?

l0olo9lo9lolol

no i was 16 and RICHIE WAS a JUNGLIEST AND WAS GETTING TO TRANCE

YOU ARE FOOLED B Y THE IN TER NET

They caught Gaspar unplugged, that isn't a big deal at all because if you've ever been to a show its always Xavier doing shit and Gaspar smokin up a chimney. Like most duo acts its usually one person does the music and the other does the productions. Also, I'm pretty sure Justice uses Jazz Mutants now or at least i've seen footage of Xavier fuckin with it live.

this is spot on.

frankly justice and most electro just bores me.

but it didn't a year ago did it? we've got archives here on sufu that would help in pointing out most of yalls blatant contradictions in opinions on things developed over time just because they got dipped into the mainstream (check the indie neu-rave/electro etc. thread in this particular case). let's try to like things based off how fun they are to listen to/wear/watch/say/do.

and i find it sort of funny how some of us scoff on and on about corny hipsters and how they've exploited our culture while we post self-shots of the japanese denims, thrift store flannel, never to be hiked in hiking boots, and cocked back beanies using our canon s5200s on the way to our local still relatively untouched by the plebians korean bbq joint before stopping by our friends warehouse gallery opening where our other friend is also djing

^^ haha spot on man!

lets seriously like things based soley on how much we actually enjoy them..

i don't like justice, but i have fun to their music whenever its playing at house parties, in friend's cars on the way to a bar or house party, etc. but i don't listen to them on my own time.. but hell, i listen to a lot of other shit that would be deemed "corny" on this site.

i'd go to one of their shows because they seem fun, not because i wanna see how they perform live.. if i wanted to see how someone perform's live i'd go see some rock band.

in short, if corny hipsters listen to shit that i like, i'm not just going to stop liking it. and if you do, you're pretty corny yourself. everyone's a little corny, fuck is wrong with that? just live.

If people were into Justice because of their live instrument playing skills . . . well then you were due to be greatly disappointed the first time you saw them and realized they sampled and didn't play the horns themselves.

Electronic music is generally pretty boring, and usually about 100x more boring live.

At least Justice makes it fun.

I know Justice manipulates shit live - I've seen em do it.

But they're manipulating pre-recorded stuff. Big deal.

It's still the most exciting eletronic concert I've ever been to.

It definitely WAS more fun when they weren't as big and it was a small crazy dance party as opposed to a HUGE crazy dance party.

Same thing happened with Girl Talk . . . first two shows were amazing, last one was full of 15 year olds who were 3 years old when the original songs were on the radio and just wanted to get on stage and take their shirts off:

2778959365_9624f7dfc0.jpg

It's just what happens when your favorite band gets 'big'.

but it didn't a year ago did it? we've got archives here on sufu that would help in pointing out most of yalls blatant contradictions in opinions on things developed over time just because they got dipped into the mainstream (check the indie neu-rave/electro etc. thread in this particular case). let's try to like things based off how fun they are to listen to/wear/watch/say/do.

this kind of goes unsaid, we know that du was into this shit at some point until people picked up on it, the whole i don't like this music anymore cause other people do is fuckin' childish, you either enjoy it or you don't

as far as djs, i can totally see why you would stop liking someone once they become popular. dance parties are 10% music and 90% the people who you are raging with. if the crowd becomes the kind of people youd rather not associate with, even the greatest most riveting music in the world wont make you want to get busy with douchebags.

so, if justice is pre recording sets and pretending to tweak the knobs on unplugged consoles, and the people in the crowd are ed hardy wearing personified erections, i aint gettin my boogie on. to be fair, i wasnt before the ed hardy showed up, but now im not even watching the girls dance, im not even in the building anymore.

its not that im over it. its that i never thought they had much to offer, and now i see that they didnt have that little bit i thought they did.

I know I will never stop listening to electronic music.

I have never liked Justice and the entire ed banger crew is so tired. I think they have been tired of themselves for quite sometime.

However phantom part 2 is a fairly decent track.

and i find it sort of funny how some of us scoff on and on about corny hipsters and how they've exploited our culture while we post self-shots of the japanese denims, thrift store flannel, never to be hiked in hiking boots, and cocked back beanies using our canon s5200s on the way to our local still relatively untouched by the plebians korean bbq joint before stopping by our friends warehouse gallery opening where our other friend is also djing

yeah shit is documented. so what? i see no contradiction on my part. i mentioned that i liked waters of nazareth a long time ago....so what? now shit bores me.

anyways i've said it over and over again. popularity always take the piss outta a good thing. sure, you can accuse people for turning their back on shit (justice/electro whatever) once shit reaches the mainstream, but thats just nature. did it ever occur to you that others or i have listened to shit for the longest time and just naturally got tired or over it? shit hitting the mainstream just helps excel this stagnation-rate/cycle.

and i don't give a fuck about japdenim, flannel, hiking boots whateves, though i can see why you'd speak out about that shit.

anyway i've been over this over and over with many a member, person, moron, etc. there are gonna b people who just innately gonna know what's what and rule the bell curve. and there are gonna b people who bitch and moan cause they just don't know and get on shit late...yet still wanna justify it.

hahahahahah... god damn. nailed it.