Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

Darn. I already have to size up in the waist to fit into the Okis, so that kinda feeds into my worries—always figured I'd be a 35 in Ooe, but maybe not

edit: Not that I really need any more jeans, anyhow…

Edited by julian-wolf

2 hours ago, julian-wolf said:

Any differences at all between the top blocks of the different cuts? I’ve always been a little worried that the 01 would be too slim for me through the thighs; should I expect the 03 to be any better?

According to the size charts the thighs are bigger on the 03

@beautiful_FrEaK where are you finding those size charts? Just checked the charts on the Ooe web shop & they show the 01 and the 03 as being identical above the knees—would be interested to know if there are other charts elsewhere that say otherwise

Either way, these actually look like they may work in a size 35 after all, based on Ooe’s listed post-wash measurements, but I guess that all depends on how this fabric shrinks

I have a bunch of Ooe jeans in 01 and 02, but not 03.  The top blocks are all the same, except for two.  The waist is trimmer on the Golden Gates and bigger on the Standard & Strange short-run collaboration.  The latter is my favorite, with #17 denim and its beautiful vertical fades.

I have two pairs of 02 from S and S. 38 and 36 -- both shrank a lot ( for comparison I have a 33 and 34 in Roy 01's)-- love the denim and fit of both.  The leg is just right, not too slim, not too full. They also have some of the nicest pocket bags... very soft yet substantial!

I don't think I would be interested in either model 01 or 03 if the leg is wider. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, JohnM said:

Yes Michael, northern California, in its glory, apart from earthquakes ...

And fires, and smoke