Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

9 minutes ago, Broark said:

Nice! I’ve thought about getting this one as well to compliment my boy’s pack.

Very nice!

I wanted the boys bag too, but I didn't see myself using both, plus this one suited my everyday activities a bit better.

39 minutes ago, goodrain said:

I like the pockets on your jacket better. Also seems on the shorter side for a chore jacket. From the pics I don't think it will be as long as I would like in a size medium.

I haven’t seen too many photos of the new jacket yet, but from what I’ve seen the pockets aren’t too different. And yes this one is fairly short, about 30 in. length on this size 44.

On 4/20/2020 at 6:49 AM, JDelage said:

The small pocket is perfect for your earbuds case...

You really got it in for repro detailing haven’t you? Why? Is there not better things to get wound up over?

It would have been used for anything a labourer needed to carry such as tobacco, hardware to undertake a job, watch (as Broark pointed out). 
There may be some carpenters who would find such a pocket handy today, but appreciate that most of the people that buy it won’t use it. We all know this. 

May be worth looking at brands that don’t have a retro focus. 

What's more interesting? How people might have used things in the past, or how we might use them now? I actually think that it might indeed be helpful to carry an earbuds case, which is something I do. 

Also, the watch pocket is the other one on the left side, and that one I'm not sure how anyone would use it these days.

As a side note, I'm used to seeing watch pockets paired with the oblique "buttonhole" used to secure the chain, like that:

fw1621004-10.jpg

I like it too B -- problem is I don't think it will last for too many more washes.  That hole appeared after the last wash...  The leather patch is of a beautiful, high quality, very thin and soft so I guess this is inevitable.