Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

Lovely jacket(s). Great alternative to the typical denim jackets we love. What size are you guys wearing? @Broark I think I'd be one size smaller than you? 

Yeah, looking at the size charts, a 42 would suite me well. 

I love all the colors, but if I had to rank them, for me they'd be 1) Mustard; 2) Olive; 3) Navy

^ Had an initial pang of regret over jumping on the original run of mustard once I saw they were going to be releasing more versions, but having now seen all of them I think I agree that the original's still the most versatile of the lot

Meanwhile, still on the fence about whether I might have been happier going a size up to 44…

I won't do a full photo dump because we already have plenty of photos thanks to @Broark

However, I do want to point out something that I think is pretty cool about this jacket that I am sure the other owners have noticed.

The fabric appears to crease up extremely quickly in a manner not completely dissimilar to my leather jackets, though much more quickly. In total, I've worn this jacket only around 8 hours so far, but it already has creased a lot in the arms. The pictures do not do them justice. Personally, I really like this. I will be interested to see how this continues to develop. 

lkwDkku.jpg?1

GspNuIM.jpg?1

fr4SF2r.jpg?1

XksXuhk.jpg?1

AFqqDAL.jpg?1

Also, the buckles are really cool and I am thrilled with the fit of this jacket.

Edited by dudewuttheheck

34 minutes ago, Smallrod said:

for those that have the cossacks, how heavy is the fabric and how warm are they?  is this something that can be worn as it warms up a bit?

Broark is from Texas and got 3 each for spring, summer and fall  - you'll be fine B)

Edited by dau

13 hours ago, dudewuttheheck said:

I went with 38. 

oh wow, you are a size 42 in FW tops?! that means i should get a 36 or 34 which don't exist :o

7 hours ago, SLAB said:

oh wow, you are a size 42 in FW tops?! that means i should get a 36 or 34 which don't exist :o

I have noticed that I need to size up a little more for leather jackets and additionally, Freewheelers leather jackets are a little smaller relatively than a lot of other brands.

You might be able to do a 38 due to the lengths. 

In terms of weather, I am hoping I can wear this thing into the upper 70s. It's not as breathable as denim, but it isn't too heavy and it's not brushed on the inside.

31 minutes ago, Duke Mantee said:

@dudewuttheheck I’d say in this instance the Cossack fits fairly big in the chest looking at the measurements given on Standard & Strange. How does that ‘moleskin’ feel? It looks heavily treated (sheared)

It certainly feels different than the Freewheelers moleskin pieces that I used to own. This one feels more like a normal cotton twill on the inside and then like a brushed material on the outside, almost like a very short velvet or flannel. 

Overall, this feels kind of like a thicker fabric version of my Freewheelers Docker shirt. 

I would be interested to hear what the other owners have to say on this.

Edited by dudewuttheheck