Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

You're going to have a perfect fit after they've stretched out post-wash. Thank you putting my mind at ease with these pre-soak fit pix.

Wish my 02s were a tad slimmer than they ended up. Or, rather, I wish I was a tad trimmer and could have purchased one size smaller when I bought them. 

Looking forward to the post-soak pix and witnessing the phenomenon of the magical OA inseam shrink.

Upon receiving my OAO1 one of the first things I noticed was how substantial and heavy duty the pocket bag lining felt. Haven’t soaked these yet but can’t wait to see how these change with a soak. I think the size 34 I got should work perfectly for with some shrinkage. They are definitely feeling about a size large as of now but they are raw so should be perfect after a hot agitated soak. 

1 hour ago, wmb said:

serious shrinkage on the length!  That was my experience as well though I still had to hem mine from 40"

I think the 40" Standard&Strange offers is a bit ridiculous. Who really needs 36-37" post soak inseam? And when you hem them you kinda change the leg silhouette.

The Japanese version comes with 36" and that's still plenty long...at least for me as you can see :)

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

3 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

I think the 40" Standard&Strange offers is a bit ridiculous. Who really needs 36-37" post soak inseam? And when you hem them you kinda change the leg silhouette.

The Japanese version comes with 36" and that's still plenty long...at least for me as you can see :)

40 is a waste of denim!  I had SandS hem them my newest pair raw at 37 and they are perfect after about a 2-3" shrink down ( though I haven't measured them)  The older pair I have was done by SE post wash at 36 -- when I first got them, I couldn't believe how long they were...

Hello! I would like a 36" or so post-soak inseam. :D I can make do with 34", but I like an extra inch or two if I can get it.

I'd be tempted to buy the OA01 if S&S ever restocks the "standard" version (no cinch back.) Looks like it would fit me really well.

Long inseam versions seem like they'd be a great business move by Western retailers selling Japanese brands. Talldudes like me will order the jeans from your store instead of a (probably cheaper) Japanese retailer to get the longer inseam, while shorter guys will need to hem anyway so it doesn't really matter if you're hemming 2" or 5" off. 

9 minutes ago, Cold Summer said:

Hello! I would like a 36" or so post-soak inseam. :D I can make do with 34", but I like an extra inch or two if I can get it.

I'd be tempted to buy the OA01 if S&S ever restocks the "standard" version (no cinch back.) Looks like it would fit me really well.

Long inseam versions seem like they'd be a great business move by Western retailers selling Japanese brands. Talldudes like me will order the jeans from your store instead of a (probably cheaper) Japanese retailer to get the longer inseam, while shorter guys will need to hem anyway so it doesn't really matter if you're hemming 2" or 5" off. 

I didn’t want the cinch back either but I got it because I wanted the denim that bad. You can easily just tuck it behind the belt loop and put a bet over it. No one will ever see it except you. The crotch river also doesn’t bother me because it will age and oxidize with time. Plus I have something that’s a reproduction of something very American so it’s cool to have some diversity to my collection. Trust me I was in your boat and then I got the last 34 cause the denim and workmanship is so good. The cinch back is no deal breaker and it’s the same fit. 

1 hour ago, Cold Summer said:

while shorter guys will need to hem anyway so it doesn't really matter if you're hemming 2" or 5" off. 

Depending on the cut and how they are patterned that can seriously fuck with the taper so this can make a big difference. 

That's why I love Resolute, an inseam for everybody (except for you of course ;) )

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

I know that the taper can be different from that, but do they actually adjust where the leg starts/ends taper depending on inseam length... like, ever? My understanding has always been that long jeans just add on a bunch of inches after a certain point and it doesn't keep tapering past, I dunno, 30" or so. I could be wrong about that.

I might actually find a slim tapered pair that I liked if they made a "tall" version with a proportionally longer rise, lower thigh taper, and so on, as I have the opposite problem - most of these types of jeans squeeze my lower thigh because they're designed for someone whose thighs are 2-3" shorter than mine. But since I'm mostly into straight cuts these days, that's less an issue than it once was.

8 hours ago, Cold Summer said:

I know that the taper can be different from that, but do they actually adjust where the leg starts/ends taper depending on inseam length... like, ever? My understanding has always been that long jeans just add on a bunch of inches after a certain point and it doesn't keep tapering past, I dunno, 30" or so. I could be wrong about that.

I might actually find a slim tapered pair that I liked if they made a "tall" version with a proportionally longer rise, lower thigh taper, and so on, as I have the opposite problem - most of these types of jeans squeeze my lower thigh because they're designed for someone whose thighs are 2-3" shorter than mine. But since I'm mostly into straight cuts these days, that's less an issue than it once was.

For this 40" inseam i'm not sure. Could very well be that once they hit the width of 8.25" on a size 35 at like 36", they continue with this 8.25 for the remaining 4".
But most jeans I came across have a gradual taper from the knee to the leg opening, meaning every inch you take off the leg will increase the width of the leg opening.

In terms of finding the right fit, the Ooe might work for you. The rise is long and the lower thigh doesn't taper much IMO.

6 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

For this 40" inseam i'm not sure. Could very well be that once they hit the width of 8.25" on a size 35 at like 36", they continue with this 8.25 for the remaining 4".
But most jeans I came across have a gradual taper from the knee to the leg opening, meaning every inch you take off the leg will increase the width of the leg opening.

In terms of finding the right fit, the Ooe might work for you. The rise is long and the lower thigh doesn't taper much IMO.

40 inch inseam did not affect the taper on mine

Here is the label when these were new in 12/2018

38 waist shrunk down to about 35 - (haven’t measured but that’s how they feel) I have a more recent pair W36 that are perfect but I like having a looser and a more fitted pair of this model 

89FEAB67-75EB-4F80-A7A0-E03689C38A85.jpeg

Thanks! These jackets are really nice and I've embraced the shorter fit.
Shame that it's already getting too warm here to wear these regularly, hoping the temps drop one more time before the inevitable summer kicks off.

1 hour ago, Broark said:

Thanks! These jackets are really nice and I've embraced the shorter fit.
Shame that it's already getting too warm here to wear these regularly, hoping the temps drop one more time before the inevitable summer kicks off.

All 3 huh!? I can’t blame you. I was sad I passed up the navy, then canceled my pre order for the mustard. Then when I saw more pics of the Olive I gave in and ordered even though I really shouldn’t have. I’m really happy with it though. The green is right in the middle between my other two misses. 

22 minutes ago, heyson said:

All 3 huh!? I can’t blame you. I was sad I passed up the navy, then canceled my pre order for the mustard. Then when I saw more pics of the Olive I gave in and ordered even though I really shouldn’t have. I’m really happy with it though. The green is right in the middle between my other two misses. 

I couldn't help myself, I'm selling some other stuff so that's how I'm justifying all 3.
The only one I wasn't initially convinced on was the olive, then I saw S&S's pictures and I was sold.