Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

15 hours ago, FeloniousMonk said:

@owlofminerva The saddle pants are looking great! Such cool and beautiful details on that pair, glad you’re liking them so far.

Just wanted to chime in on the fades - I’m pretty sure the jeans you’ve got are a different denim than ALB and Broark’s pairs higher up on the page. Those both look like their contest pairs, which used a denim that got very “streaky” vertical fades and stayed a little darker in spots with a greyish cast as it faded. The original OA denim (as used in the saddle pants) seems to fade a bit more evenly, without the heavy vertical falling, and to more of a classic medium blue tone. Really gorgeous in its own right, but quite different in character. Also the OA denim is perhaps the most comfortable I’ve ever worn, especially with that crazy stretch you mention.

Just to illustrate the contrast, here’s my two pairs of Ooe jeans at somewhat similar levels of fading, with the contest denim on the left and the OA denim used in the saddle pants on the right.

8B87F0E3-741B-446A-96B6-40AE752FF6F2.thumb.jpeg.f058488b811a12e6131c52f580c8db78.jpeg

Thanks, @felonius monk.  That is super helpful.  Also, your jeans look awesome.

@FeloniousMonk you see, it’s posts like this that make me want to quit buying denim...and just wear the stuff i already have. see what i did there? ;) Ooe makes my favorite denim, hands down. thanks for sharing the photo!

• 5 weeks later...

Deeper pocket bags, longer inseam length and poly-core stitching are the other differences.
I prefer 100% cotton stitching but I understand the choice.
I'm just waiting for the next Ooe contest. :ph34r:

@Broark Has anyone heard anything concrete from Ooe as to when they would be willing to entertain a contest batch?

I'm thinking about picking up the collab from Standard and Strange. How are people liking their OA01XX-1217's?

I know there was a lot of talk when they came out but I haven't heard much on how they are coming along.

Fit pics anyone? 

Is it still the consensus that sizing +2 is the way to go?

4 hours ago, jegr said:

@Broark Has anyone heard anything concrete from Ooe as to when they would be willing to entertain a contest batch?

I'm thinking about picking up the collab from Standard and Strange. How are people liking their OA01XX-1217's?

I know there was a lot of talk when they came out but I haven't heard much on how they are coming along.

Fit pics anyone? 

Is it still the consensus that sizing +2 is the way to go?

Definitely size up jegr -- +2 sounds about right.

S&S x Ooe OA01XXS size 35/40 measurements BiG method

raw / hour long hot soak / warm machine wash

Waist - 34" / 32" / 31"

Front Rise - 12.25" / 11.75" / 11.25"

Back Rise - 16.25" / 15.25" / 15"

Thigh @ Crotch - 13.25" / 13.15" / 12.8"

Thigh 4" Down - 11.5" / 11.25" / 11" (Where Ooe does their second thigh measurement) 

Knee 14" Down - 9.5" / 9.25" / 9"

Knee 16.8" Down - 9.5" / 9.25" / 9" (Where Ooe does their knee measurement)

Hem - (39" / 9") / (35.75" / 8.75") / (34.85" / 8.5")

And a freshly dried fit pic with not so great lighting.

p2AaVQU.jpg

1 hour ago, lance said:

THAT is a perfect fit, Jegr!

Thanks!  I’m really happy with the way they shrunk up with the wash. I was initially worried they would be much too large but sizing +2 as everyone recommended was the way to go.

^ I'd definitely be in if it was the 01. I've been thinking for a while that my next main pair of jeans would be from Ooe, and trying on the 01sxx last time I was in S&S confirmed my longstanding suspicions that the cut's just about perfect for me.

Edited by julian-wolf
typo