Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

after a week's wear the waist has only stretched about 1 inch. I guess this new fabric is not as stretchy as the previous ones.

Is anyone interested in my size 32(should fit someone who usually wears 30 or 31), inseam hemmed to 30 inches? This size is now sold out and I'll let you have it for a sweet price. PM me!

@goodrain Bummer that they haven't stretched out as anticipated. I have a pair that I am going to soak this weekend. I like to hot soak initially, but may adjust my routine based on your experience. How much did the waist shrink with the cold wash? Did you go TTS or size up?

1 hour ago, goodrain said:

after a week's wear the waist has only stretched about 1 inch. I guess this new fabric is not as stretchy as the previous ones.

Is anyone interested in my size 32(should fit someone who usually wears 30 or 31), inseam hemmed to 30 inches? This size is now sold out and I'll let you have it for a sweet price. PM me!

It’s like if there wasn’t enough complexity in sizing already.

1 hour ago, goodrain said:

Hey @Josh'N'Rollthey shrunk two inches in the waist pretty much bang on with the post wash chart that OOE provided. I went TTS. I think the consensus is to go up one to two sizes unless you want a pretty skinny fit

Thanks for the info, @goodrain! I figured the size guide on the Ooe website was accurate, but it's good to have that confirmed. I sized up 1, so I should avoid too skinny of a fit (which my beer gut will appreciate). 

@goodrain I just noticed your fit pics. If you hadn't mentioned it, I'd say the fit looks really good on you. But if they're too tight in the waist and not comfortable, then sizing up probably if the right thing to do. I wouldn't be surprised if there's still a little more shrink in that denim too, so they may even get a little smaller with subsequent washing. But from what I've read/heard about Ooe denim, it stretches a ton and a weeks wear may not be enough to know how much they'd fully stretch. 

Side note, this is where I get frustration from raw unsanforized denim that has excessive shrink and stretch. You don't know what you've got until several months and washes. A pair that fit well when newly washed may keep shrinking and end up too small. I'm now leaning towards erring on the side of a larger fit and hope they keep shrinking, and if they end up a little large that's better than a little small. 

@mpukas yes I am definitely following your advice on this next one. Got the 34s cuz a little bigger is little better than smaller and we can always just to shrink down further with the hot wash+hot dry method.

Yes I agree that my fit pic looks not bad. It is just that I am not used to struggling to button the top and struggling to slide them down and stuff. It is just not a comfortable feeling. Like you said there is probably some shrinkage left too. Every pair of unsanforized denim I have had have kind of shrunk a little further during the 3-6months mark.

I thought these could work because I heard stuff like "OOE stretches 3 inches" but I definitely didn't find that to be the case with this new denim. Also the hip is pretty tight too so I would say definitely size up unless you have a flat stomach and really skinny ass and legs!

On 3/5/2018 at 5:08 AM, tchengaa said:

Do ooe provide more options for the inseam length, since 33.9 inches is too short for me.

Whenever we do a run with them, we do a 36" post-soak inseam. We just met with them at their workshop again, lots of good stuff coming down the pike in the next year!

6 hours ago, goodrain said:

@mpukas

I thought these could work because I heard stuff like "OOE stretches 3 inches" but I definitely didn't find that to be the case with this new denim. 

I have read on multiple forums over the weekend, that their new denim does not stretch like the old one.

25 minutes ago, mrsmiff said:

Whenever we do a run with them, we do a 36" post-soak inseam. We just met with them at their workshop again, lots of good stuff coming down the pike in the next year!

Details please!

Some of us need to start crowdfunding :)

My new OA01xx arrived last week and over the weekend I gave them a 1-hour soak in the hottest tap water my faucet could generate, agitating them every 15 minutes. I asked Ooe to hem them to a post-soak inseam of 32.5 inches and they hit the measurement bang on. The waist shrunk over 3 inches, from just under 36" to 32.25" (I am TTS 35). I thought "how the hell am I going to button these bastards?" when I tried them on this morning before work. Buttoning the top button was a bit tough, but they began to stretch immediately once I started moving around in them. I'll post an update once I've worn them for a few days.

OA01XX – Size 36

Raw

Hot soak

Waist (flat)

17.875”

16.125”

Front rise

13”

12”

Back rise

16.875”

15.5”

Thigh (at crotch)

13.75”

13.25”

Thigh (2” down inseam)

13.25”

12.375”

Knee

10.125”

9.625”

Hem

9.375”

9”

Inseam

35.625”

32.5”

On 3/16/2018 at 9:48 AM, goodrain said:

Oh man this is painfully tempting, and here I thought I was done buying jeans for the foreseeable future...

I should update that my pair of 32s have been sold already! In terms of the waist being too tight I tried not buttoning the top button and just closing the jeans with a belt and it worked fine. I would say worst case scenario that could be a way to go, too. However, because of how much I liked the jeans I wanted to size up and get a pair that fit perfect.

• 2 weeks later...

I updated the table with measurements of my OA01 after a week of daily wear. The waist has stretched out considerably and fits damned near perfectly. The denim is smooth, uniform, hairy, and as soft as a comfy pair of sweats - the break in period was minimal, 2-3 days and they had already softened up. I don't have a vast collection of jeans to compare these to, but they are easily the most comfortable of the 4 pair of raw denim I own. That denim is something else, I tell ya! Here are the measurements BiG style.

OA01XX – Size 36

Raw

Hot soak

8 days of wear

Waist (flat)

17.875”

16.125”

17.375”

Front rise

13”

12”

12”

Back rise

16.875”

15.5”

Didn’t measure

Thigh (at crotch)

13.75”

13.25”

13.375”

Thigh (2” down inseam)

13.25”

12.375”

12.5”

Knee

10.125”

9.625”

9.75”

Hem

9.375”

9”

9”

Inseam

35.625”

32.5”

32.5”

2 hours ago, garden gnomes in space said:

I ended up getting a bigger size also.  Im done fighting waist bands waiting til they stretch for comfort.  So, I have a tagged size 36, hemmed to achieve a post-soak 30" if anyone is interested.  

Is this  OA01 or OA02 that you have in size 36?

1 hour ago, dau said:

both will be tooooo small for you

Am losing weight by the minute :)

I have also been informed by Standard & Strange that I should buy a size 34 one wash as it will shrink 3 inches to 37 waist. I can't comprehend that much stretch though.

Edited by i_denim
added details

2 hours ago, i_denim said:

Am losing weight by the minute :)

I have also been informed by Standard & Strange that I should buy a size 34 one wash as it will shrink 3 inches to 37 waist. I can't comprehend that much stretch though.

That doesn't sound right at all.. 

Don't you think you should actually wear some of the jeans you already have before buying into every brand?
I'm saying that as a guy who owns like 30 pairs, but you're just started out. 
On all my Ooe jeans I've gone two inches up from my waist and they've all worked out great. Pre and post wash measurements on the Ooe store are spot on.

6 minutes ago, Broark said:

Don't you think you should actually wear some of the jeans you already have before buying into every brand?
I'm saying that as a guy who owns like 30 pairs, but you're just started out. 
On all my Ooe jeans I've gone two inches up from my waist and they've all worked out great. Pre and post wash measurements on the Ooe store are spot on.

Since I discovered raw denim, time has slowed down. I am rotating the two pairs I own and like 10 other non-raw/high street pairs are just sitting around never to be worn I guess. Hence, I now look at myself as a person who owns only two pairs of jeans :)

Nothing wrong with that, just try and pace yourself that's all!
I'm still looking to get a pair of the new OA denim OA01's, might happen in April I think.
I wore my 1702XX contest pair last week and I had forgotten how great those jeans are.