Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

8 hours ago, tigermilk said:

@spacecadet The weave does seem on the tight side. Also the denim is quite heavy and stiff so far, sitting around the skin in places rather than directly on. I'm sure this will change as they soften and loosen. I'm not saying you couldn't wear them in southern CA weather year round, but it would take some dedication. The fades would be great though!

@tigermilk I appreciate the honesty. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven’t picked up the new OA fabric yet, but might in the future if I see them made in the 01 cut. Looking forward to whatever the S&S guys have in store, I know one of you (Neil or Jeremy) mentioned you were going to try to convince them to make some fatigue pants in reverse sateen. That would be sweet!

22 hours ago, Broark said:

I haven’t picked up the new OA fabric yet, but might in the future if I see them made in the 01 cut. Looking forward to whatever the S&S guys have in store, I know one of you (Neil or Jeremy) mentioned you were going to try to convince them to make some fatigue pants in reverse sateen. That would be sweet!

Fatigues - That's a little ways down the line, we've got a couple of other secret projects in front of those.

The new OAXX in 01 cut - we're going to order in a run of those shortly. I've been really enjoying the '01, it's really just-right. 

On 2/13/2018 at 11:39 AM, aho said:

I've been out of the game too long! Are these OA02's in the newest OAXX denim?:
https://standardandstrange.com/collections/ooe-yofukuten/products/oa02-1017-slim-tapered-jean-13-5oz-one-wash

These measurements seem insane to me! Has the cut been modified? My OA02 from a year or so ago in a 35 don't measure close to any of those measurements. I know its a different denim but still...

On 2/14/2018 at 3:14 PM, Ciabatta said:

These measurements seem insane to me! Has the cut been modified? My OA02 from a year or so ago in a 35 don't measure close to any of those measurements. I know its a different denim but still...

The measurements are post-wash, and it's the same cut. My experience with all 4 pairs of OA I own has been the same - the waist will return to raw measurements after wearing. 

With my personal size 36 Golden Gate 01's, I could barely close them raw, and after a hot soak, it took me about 15 minutes to get them buttoned up again. Now they're perfect. 

9 hours ago, mrsmiff said:

The measurements are post-wash, and it's the same cut. My experience with all 4 pairs of OA I own has been the same - the waist will return to raw measurements after wearing. 

With my personal size 36 Golden Gate 01's, I could barely close them raw, and after a hot soak, it took me about 15 minutes to get them buttoned up again. Now they're perfect. 

Would it be too much to expect a size 38 to stretch back out to a 38? My wash/dry routine is pretty frequent and without care, I worry they'd stay tight after a while 

26 minutes ago, goodrain said:

How did you size? So a tagged 32 will stretch back out to a 32 waist?

i just go by their chart.  I never size my jeans with the end fit being reliant on severe stretching.  I want to wash, dry and put on with no gymnastics required for a comfortable fit.  

^  Hmmm.  I think this is *usually* sound advice, but I found that OAs stretch A LOT, quite quickly, and without much effort.  I sized up one from the tagged size in the Saddle Pants because I was worried they would be too tight.  It took about ten minutes of wear for them to fit comfortably around the waist.  Within a day or two they were significantly more baggy in the thigh than I would have liked.  I still love them, don't get me wrong.  But in hindsight I think I maybe should have gone with the tagged size.  I suppose it depends on what kind of fit you are going for... (and maybe how active you are...)