Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

These pics actually look very nice for us slimmer folk.   Looks drastically different pattern than the Hercules. 

Is there an eta on the saddle?  I've been looking for a vintage style/detailing pair for awhile but in a slimmer cut.

As for sizing if you want to be at 36 does that mean you need the tagged 40?

Edited by kbuzz

8 hours ago, kbuzz said:

These pics actually look very nice for us slimmer folk.   Looks drastically different pattern than the Hercules. 

Is there an eta on the saddle?  I've been looking for a vintage style/detailing pair for awhile but in a slimmer cut.

As for sizing if you want to be at 36 does that mean you need the tagged 40?

According to @mrsmiff the remaining sizes left over from denimbruin will be online tomorrow, and the jeans will stretch out to tag size, i.e: if you want a 36" waist, get a 36 and it will stretch out. 

On 7/28/2017 at 3:10 PM, Niro said:

How do you fit into something that is 2 inches less than your waist? Do you not do buttons up and they just stretch very easily and quickly?

On 7/29/2017 at 7:04 AM, kbuzz said:

Agree.

Is there that much stretch?

Yes - the OAXX fabric has a ton of stretch. 

Here's my pair of size 36 OA02XX after wearing underneath a brand new pair.

UvafV04.jpg?1

My size 36 Saddle Pants are now stretched to a full 18" laid flat (36") after 2 days of wear.

15 hours ago, longshanks said:

According to @mrsmiff the remaining sizes left over from denimbruin will be online tomorrow, and the jeans will stretch out to tag size, i.e: if you want a 36" waist, get a 36 and it will stretch out. 

We have all sizes available (because we were smart and ordered a bunch of larger sizes this time) in the Saddle Pant. You guys get dibs, so I'm going to hold off on opening them up to the public until this evening. 

There are a 33, 34, and 35 left in the DB01, which is an OA01 in what feels like a 15.5 to 16oz rope-dyed natural indigo denim built from 3 different warps yarns and a grey weft yarn. The fit is a 1946 501, with matching details (wide belt loops, long side stitch, and the back pocket shape).

Anyone who wants in on the saddle pants or the DB01 should shoot us an email at hello at standardandstrange.com and we'll get you sorted out.

Edited by mrsmiff

Thanks for the info mrsmiff.

Americans are so lucky they have so many great stores and can also import up to $800 worth from anywhere else in the world with no tax penalty.

The saddle pants look great, but if i was to import to UK, it would cost an additional £70 in taxes (VAT and duty), plus whatever extortionate 'admin charge' of the courier that delivers it. Would cost towards £340 ($450). Sad times :(

I grabbed a pair of DB01 since I've run out of jeans to wear -- not!  Was great to see Riyo and Hiro in Oakland at Denim Bruin, along with Jeremy, Neil, and Brandon of Standard & Strange.  Thanks for organizing this -- great time for those who could make it.

Saddle Pants arrived today! Pretty pumped about these, the fabric is great and I'm really liking the fit, slim but not too slim and I love the pockets. Haven't got the top button done up yet but I'm guessing they'll stretch out by the end of the day. 

IMG_3203.JPG

IMG_3217.JPG

30 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Saddle Pants arrived today! Pretty pumped about these, the fabric is great and I'm really liking the fit, slim but not too slim and I love the pockets. Haven't got the top button done up yet but I'm guessing they'll stretch out by the end of the day. 

IMG_3203.JPG

IMG_3217.JPG

You are right - should be able to get that top button done up soon enough. Took me a few hours. Otherwise, looking good!

1 hour ago, Niro said:

Looking good! Can't wait to get hold of mine, hopefully tomorrow

Thanks! I'll definitely be posting more/better fit pics throughout the week!

1 hour ago, mrsmiff said:

You are right - should be able to get that top button done up soon enough. Took me a few hours. Otherwise, looking good!

Finally got it done up, think these are going to break in nicely!

Also got my Saddle Pants, pleasantly surprised that they are not as tapered as I thought they would be.
I honestly had forgotten how much I like the texture and feel of the OA denim when it's new, my OA02XX's feel entirely different after a couple years now.
Crappy fit pics, but you get the idea. I like the pocket detailing, takes a little getting used to though.
tW9gHzI.jpg
0u3tkyb.jpg

Got mine today! So happy to finally get a pair of Ooe :D

The denim is lovely - soft and feels so nice. 'vintagey' was first word to spring to mind. Completely different to any denim I own.

Basing them after the Roebucks Riders with the detailing makes for such a distinct and unique pair of jeans. I need to stretch the waist but apart from that, the slim tapered fit is great, slight bit of room to not make it feel tight. Even though I had to really hold my stomach in to get top button done, it doesn't feel uncomfortable. I think it will be stretched out within a day or two to be honest.

IMG_20170803_223025.jpg

Bought the saddle pants and they arrived yesterday.  Not even two full days of wear, and these are now my favorite fitting pair of jeans.  The combination of the very forgiving denim, which stretches out just the right amount in all of the right places, and the not-too-slim but still slim cut, make for jeans that are both comfortable and flattering.  If you sometimes go for the "straight tapered" or "weightlifter" cut, don't be afraid of these.

I sized up one from my usual at Jeremy's suggestion and I think that was the right call.  TTS would have worked, too, but would have probably been a bit too restrictive.

(This is my first time posting after a few years of lurking, btw.  Hi.)

On 8/3/2017 at 3:30 PM, Niro said:

Got mine today! So happy to finally get a pair of Ooe :D

The denim is lovely - soft and feels so nice. 'vintagey' was first word to spring to mind. Completely different to any denim I own.

Basing them after the Roebucks Riders with the detailing makes for such a distinct and unique pair of jeans. I need to stretch the waist but apart from that, the slim tapered fit is great, slight bit of room to not make it feel tight. Even though I had to really hold my stomach in to get top button done, it doesn't feel uncomfortable. I think it will be stretched out within a day or two to be honest.

IMG_20170803_223025.jpg

21 hours ago, mrman said:

Got the saddle pants today, managed to button all the buttons right away while holding my stomach in. The washed denim feels so soft compared to some others I have. Thanks Neil and Jeremy for your help!

41 minutes ago, owlofminerva said:

Bought the saddle pants and they arrived yesterday.  Not even two full days of wear, and these are now my favorite fitting pair of jeans.  The combination of the very forgiving denim, which stretches out just the right amount in all of the right places, and the not-too-slim but still slim cut, make for jeans that are both comfortable and flattering.  If you sometimes go for the "straight tapered" or "weightlifter" cut, don't be afraid of these.

I sized up one from my usual at Jeremy's suggestion and I think that was the right call.  TTS would have worked, too, but would have probably been a bit too restrictive.

(This is my first time posting after a few years of lurking, btw.  Hi.)

On 8/3/2017 at 2:51 PM, Broark said:

Also got my Saddle Pants, pleasantly surprised that they are not as tapered as I thought they would be.
I honestly had forgotten how much I like the texture and feel of the OA denim when it's new, my OA02XX's feel entirely different after a couple years now.
Crappy fit pics, but you get the idea. I like the pocket detailing, takes a little getting used to though.
tW9gHzI.jpg
0u3tkyb.jpg

I'm stoked that you all enjoy them, and that we got the fit right for all of you. Once again the OAXX fabric comes through for us.

FYI - if you're after the DB01, there's only 2 pair left. One 34, one 35. These will also stretch to tag size.