Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

Ooe tux would be amazing, but I know I'm in a minority here for preferring the type III. Still waiting for a brand other than Levi's to do a short, tapered type III with handwarmer pockets...

Though admittedly that sort of design alteration is not their MO :(

I machine washed the OYxSS collabo jeans for the first time yesterday (they have been soaked twice before). Shrinkage was minimal, seems they got most of it out with the first wash. Not that much to see yet, but man, I really love these jeans. 

IMG_3983.jpg

IMG_3982.jpg

IMG_3988.jpg

(I tripped while hiking and put the knee down on a rock.)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/14/2016 at 2:21 AM, mandel9000 said:

I machine washed the OYxSS collabo jeans for the first time yesterday (they have been soaked twice before). Shrinkage was minimal, seems they got most of it out with the first wash. Not that much to see yet, but man, I really love these jeans. 

IMG_3983.jpg

IMG_3982.jpg

IMG_3988.jpg

Those look incredible. I love their denim so much.

2 minutes ago, mrsmiff said:

We can ship to Europe, too. Was there something in particular of theirs you were after?

Thanks, just after another pair 0A-02 in 32. I've seen them on your site but it would cost me over double what I used to pay direct from Ooe once shipping and no doubt import duty. Ooe used to kindly mark them down for us so there wasn't any duty. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2016 at 5:21 PM, mandel9000 said:

IMG_3983.jpg

IMG_3982.jpg

IMG_3988.jpg

Fit pictures pls including back pocket fadessss

• 3 weeks later...

^^^ Sizing up only one in the 02 fit might result in a very slim-tapered fit, when (to my mind) it's supposed to fit much more like a 60s-style tapered leg. Even though the waist may stretch that much, but the hips and thighs sure won't.

I've gotten size 33 for every pair of Ooe's, while I wear a 31 in most jeans (32 in Samurai 710 or 30 in Full Count 1101), and even then the waist still shrinks to being very snug after each wash. The fit at that size is perfect for me, but might feel a little loose through the leg for someone used to much slimmer cuts.

Edited by FeloniousMonk
adding size specifics

On 3/7/2017 at 6:57 AM, HAZARDkid said:

Standard and Strange says that the one-washed collab ooe models stretch up to 3 inches in the waist and to only size up 1 from your regular size. Does this make sense or would sizing up two be better since they shrink from tag size?

I sized up one from my typical tag size for S&S x Ooe Yofukuten - OA02-510. I'm usually a 32 in most brands and I went with a 33. This is also the highest rise of jeans I have worn. They're around 12" whereas most other brands I wear are around 10.5" - 11". Waist was snug at first but stretched quickly to fit perfectly. It definitely would have been too large if I sized up 2. Legs are a little wider than I expected compared to the model wearing them on their web store but very comfortable.

I wear a 35 in full count, 36 in samurai and I went with a 36 in the ooe, raw version. they are always pretty tight in the waist after I wash but they stretch out after a couple hours. Of course I don't have the standard denim so your mileage may vary. 

I'm generally a 36 in most jeans but I went up two sizes to a 38 in both pairs of jeans from Ooe and I'm happy I did. Like others have mentioned, the waist stretches out quite easily but the rest of the leg won't. Also, I find that my pair with the standard OA denim fit a bit slimmer than the 17 fabric.

I hope I can get some more Ooe jeans in the future in different fabrics. Oh how I wish they still offered the custom program! I don't think I'd need to buy jeans from anyone else.

• 4 weeks later...

On 3/10/2017 at 7:04 PM, Broark said:

I'm generally a 36 in most jeans but I went up two sizes to a 38 in both pairs of jeans from Ooe and I'm happy I did. Like others have mentioned, the waist stretches out quite easily but the rest of the leg won't. Also, I find that my pair with the standard OA denim fit a bit slimmer than the 17 fabric.

I hope I can get some more Ooe jeans in the future in different fabrics. Oh how I wish they still offered the custom program! I don't think I'd need to buy jeans from anyone else.

Funny you should mention different fabrics, because on our last visit with OA, we determined that there's enough #43 left for about a dozen pairs. We're going to run them in the OA01 fit for something different than the 02s we've been running for the last couple year.

Who wants in?