Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

I have had to replace the buttons at least half a dozen times since they're hand sewn and come off extremely easily, need to find some real buttons to snap on. The ow denim leaves a lot to desire, and just doesn't work well with Tianjin wear them, like that crisp feeling, that fades into a nice soft denim. Stitching down the outseam is starting to pull apart. Also the pocket bag material is a heavy canvas, and the Seam at the bottom is super chunky and leaves a weird fade on the leg

Switching to carharts after the world tour, so I don't need to worry about something that will withstand heavy wear.

But this would just give me a great excuse to cop a pair of jeans from a brand I have listed over for a few years

^Truth...Whereas a lot of brands aim to get soft in the end (Full Count etc.), Ooe's are generally soft from the get go, and are all cotton stitching. Sturdy enough, and well constructed with attention to detail to be sure, but give cotton enough stress and it will tear/rip. My contest Ooe's were two sizes too small and I completely destroyed the yoke to the point that it was flapping about in the wind. 

They aren't Iron Hearts to be sure but Ooes are my best fitting and favorite jeans overall. They really get the fit right, which isn't quite true with many others from my experience. The stitching and construction are also superb.

I might be in in a contest as well, depending on the details.

In the meantime, I'm exploring the OA02XX. Very well made pair of jeans, perfect middle weight (I don't recall it, feels like 13,5-14oz). Other than that, the jeans are pretty simple, yet you can feel the craftmanship. I think some of the old OOE fabric samples weere way more interesting, that particular model never was high on my wishlist. But the fit and knowing the story behind it would make me get a pair nevertheless.

DSC_9499.jpg

DSC_9500.jpg

DSC_9501.jpg

DSC_9502.jpg

DSC_9503.jpg

DSC_9504.jpg

i'd probably be interested in this.  My OA02's dont fit anymore (comfortably at least) .  To be honest, I find OOE;s denim boring.  Its too soft, almost clinical in its texture and appearance.  I would need another contest to maintain interest.  FWIW I do think they look great faded.  

I'm about 6 months into a pair of the 02s we had in stock. 

I've not had any issues with them falling apart on me and I've put them through some pretty active use.  The denim definitely gets soft quickly, which is exactly what they're going for with these.  If I'd bought the right size - +1, not +2, they'd be my favorite jeans. I still wear them all the time despite that.

I think of them as the most subtle pair of jeans we sell.  Nothing flashy, nothing slubby, just quietly great jeans.

Stoked on this and can't wait to see what denim is being used. With ahos plan of only doing this if we can get something worthwhile, I know this will be sweet. Also, knowing ooe it will be enough time for me to get some finances in order.