Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

you sure Kaj, that the 03 (ww2-cut) has a smaller leg opening than the 02 (66-cut)?!

According to OOE's measurements the 03 has a 3,5 cm bigger leg opening than the 02 in size 36.

All in all, the 02 should be the slimmest of all 3 cuts as it is a 66 cut.

Right, right, right...

02 is the slimmer, more tapered cut - it was late and I was tired.

I'd be interested in some fit pics once you get them gnomes.

Not sure how I feel about the paper patch as well since I've never had a pair with one either.

But nothing wrong with some variation every now and then huh?

I copped the 02's looking for a more streamlined fit.  Note that the measurements for all seem to be pretty identical until you hit the mid thigh.  These will be the first pair with a paper patch for me, not sure how I feel about paper patches to be honest...

I'm willing to bet all your jeans through the 80s and 90s had 'em.   :D

Like many, I am also not a fan of paper patches but I have a belt covering the patch anyways :D

The OA02XX has besides the paper patch (and the cut) no typical '60s details like other brand's models have. Like Aho said: hidden rivets, V stitch, no double chainstitch on the waistband, hidden coin pocket selvedge

Merry Christmas to all...

Pulled my OA01XX's out of the washer/dryer after X-mas festivities and there's no other way to put than saying these are my all time favorite jeans I'll personally wear as mentioned in another thread. Post-wash confirms it. Perfect fit (mid-rise perfect height for my gut and a slimmish straight throughout the leg without being constrictive), insanely comfortable, accurate repro details, construction and materials, perfect denim (balance of lightweight and durability) and all that brilliant Ooe roping. Nothing exaggerated, everything understated; simply put, the best pair of jeans for me! Need to get some pics up when I have light to show you guys what I mean. This is the first 01 cut I've had from Ooe and honestly can't imagine wearing anything else now... :/

Measurements are spot on with the chart on Ooe aside from the thighs which are still .5 smaller than listed. Do not sleep on these jeans if 1947 cuts are your thing! I'm sure we've all experienced that never ending search for our own personal holy grail fit; these just do it for me and I knew it as soon as I put them on, much like that feeling when you slip your foot into a perfect fitting boot....Unreal...

Edited by aho

In my last sufu post for 2014, I wanted to compare a pair of vintage 1947-51 Levi's to the same era repro from Ooe (faded OA01XX from their blog). The shades of blue may differ due to lighting conditions in the photos, however, this is why I say the denim is so spot on:

16160296475_d8ecaf90ef_c.jpg

vs.

15972815548_22d52f4a3a_c.jpg

Happy New Year! May your fades be great in 2015!

Edited by aho