Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

Having decided to get a pair of the 01xx cut, I'm a little unsure of what size to get. I'm currently wearing Nom de Guerre jeans as a slim fit, so can't really measure them and compare...

Has anyone got any suggestions for similar fitting jeans I could try on at a shop, and then from that work out the right size for the Ooe jeans?

Thanks.

Got an ooe phone case. I will post better pics. The back half is denim. Pretty cool and hangs well.

6d3fc1ac.jpg

Having decided to get a pair of the 01xx cut, I'm a little unsure of what size to get. I'm currently wearing Nom de Guerre jeans as a slim fit, so can't really measure them and compare...

Has anyone got any suggestions for similar fitting jeans I could try on at a shop, and then from that work out the right size for the Ooe jeans?

Thanks.

If you have decided on the 01xx cut I would measure your waist, round up to the nearest whole number, and order that size. My true waist measures around 33.5 and my size 34s fit perfect. I think most of the denim they have is fairly soft and stretchy so you shouldn't have any problems. Another more or less comparable method would be to size up 2 from whatever non-vanity size you normally wear. I take a 32 in most other repro brands.

Howard85 - You can try on a pair of Sugar Cane 1947. I believe they are almost identical.

I think the fit is similar not identically......

the 01xx is much wider than the sc47 at the knee and below...

there is also more room in the butt...

the 01 is similar to the evisu 2001 or the flathead 3005 i.e. a 50s cut

more HUGE pictures of a little phone case.

plus one if you name the painting in the last shot!

DSC_0977.jpg

DSC_0980.jpg

DSC_0978.jpg

DSC_0976.jpg

DSC_0983.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

these #41's have taken alot to shrink properly. i gave them two hot soaks, wore them a few times, then washed them in hot water. following the wash they were thrown in the dryer til they were completely dry. i wore them a few times then gave them a cool soak, and surprisingly they shrunk quite a bit more.

#41 is 14.5oz... you need to get your facts right. and 14.5oz is a good weight. Ooe yofukuten is a repro brand, not a motorcyclist brand... No need to go above 14.5oz

Fellow OOE fans

Who is in for doing some kind of a group buy of 19-24 ozs Japanese denim to provide to Ryo to make some jeans? The heaviest is the 41 and it is a featherweight 16 ozs.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest I LOVE LFC

Ooe thread isn't that active, I want to see some pics of other peoples, here's mine, again! I love them!!!!

Started 14th August 2010, 56 days solid wear

#32 denim with 02 cut, 01xx details

DSCF8384.jpg

DSCF8375-1.jpg

DSCF8373-1.jpg

DSCF8378.jpg

#41 is 14.5oz... you need to get your facts right.

This is an excerpt from an email sent to me by Ryo as a result for my request for 21 ozs denim:

“By the way, we went to Okayama last week. Okayama is the place that is famous for denim. We looked for denim of 21 ounces at the place. But we were not able to find it.

We knew that the #41 was around 16 ounces.â€

The #41 fabric is actually 16 ozs.

Please hold on to your hostility or use it in a more appropriate manner and place.

Mifune

Regardless of the weight of #41, getting a 21oz fabric for a pair of Ooes seems to go against Ryo and Hiro's philosophy, which (I think) is making faithful vintage repros. That's why most of the Ooe fabrics are relatively light (13-14oz) and soft. One can get his heavy ounce denim with great details from Samurai. I mean look at I LOVE LFC's pair, they look nice and soft and comfortable.