Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

so my pair of semi-custom 1502xx came in the mail today, but I'm quite worried about these, two different selfedge lines and the backpockets seem to be attached in a rush... or is this normal?

what do you think sufu?

the pocket attachment might be normal and go away with soaking, I don't know, but two different selfedge lines is weird no? (unless this would be specific to this denim, but they would have mentioned that before, wouldn't they?)

I don't think you should worry about any of this. that pocket stitching looks fine, I don't really even see anything wrong with it. they're hand made jeans...

as for the selvage line: that is kinda weird but...why are you worried about it? all ooe denim comes from old stocks right? maybe that particular denim was woven with an extra black (or whatever color that is) selvage line in it.

Tiro - Just checked my 4402XX - pockets not like that. The selvage looks almost like they overstitched it with black thread - possibly to reinforce the one side? Anyway, it is certainly unique. I looked at the swatches on page 8 of this thread and after zooming in on No. 15 still could not really tell. Did you order swatches before ordering your jeans?

well yeah, I guess you make a valid point about the selfedge, I just want to know if they didn't accidentally use two different denims, as I seem to remember #16 had that black/red selfedge...

bout the stitching on the backpockets, guess that's a normal thing, I checked my wh660's and Ues 400R and they seem to have the same thing going on, tho less pronounced but they are both already soaked, so maybe that's why.

oh yeah, I also got this in the same box as the jeans:

LHT WWII yellow stitching

219ozmb.jpg

Tiro - Just checked my 4402XX - pockets not like that. The selvage looks almost like they overstitched it with black thread - possibly to reinforce the one side? Anyway, it is certainly unique. I looked at the swatches on page 8 of this thread and after zooming in on No. 15 still could not really tell. Did you order swatches before ordering your jeans?

well the pockets on my 2101xx don't have it either, but they are already worn for about 2 months and washed so yeah, not a real reference there...

as for the selfedge, yes I did get samples (11,12,15,21,35 and 78) before I ordered and the selfedge on the #15 sample is exactly like the red listing one on my jeans, no black thread there...

I guess Ryo and Hiro will clear this matter up when they get back to my mail...

two different denims might make for an interesting evolution, but I still would prefer it to be 1 type.

the pocket stitching isn't an issue really, it was just something I noticed when taking them out of the box

I see nothing off with that rear pocket stitching? Unless there's a mini bartack on the outside, but still.

Also, remember that selvedge fabrics have two separate selvage lines, the black line is probably just there so if there are any defects in the milling process they can know which side of which loom is messed up

so just got my answer back from Ryo and Hiro:

#15 is unique denim. One side of selvedge line is red line, the other hand is red and navy.

Please see the pics.

The other denim of such a kind is #16.

http://ooe-yofukuten.com/fabric-no1-2.html

#15 is more dark than #16.

Do not worry, we make your jeans with #15 only.

By the way, as for the back pockete,

We studied a lot about the method of putting concealed rivet. It is very interesting!

We make jeans with a method same as vintage jeans.

We respect quality of our products!

Please see the pics.They are 40's, 50's, and 60's original vintage jeans.

I think it will go away after wearing for a long time.

so turned out I had nothing to worry about indeed, one type of denim afterall and the pockets are meant to be like that, now to soak and wear these...

• 5 weeks later...

Just picked up my first pair of Ooe's. They are the WWII cut in the #27 denim. RHT red line unsanfordized selvedge with brown side yarn. The customization of the stars on the pocket was something I thought up a year ago when I was considering getting these jeans but it just happens to be exactly what is going on with the Tour. BTW, AWESOME TOUR!!!! Hope you guys like the pics!

j0wm06.jpg

2wpnyo7.jpg

2eascwy.jpg

I'm working on it, picture hosting was a challenge this morning, I have a bunch more. No fit pics as of yet but I'll work on that for tomorrow. I soaked them but they might not be all the way shrunk, still seem a little bit big but not a horrible fit. Nice hairy texture, rough on the inside, like sandpaper.

117czfc.jpg

2ynqjk6.jpg

28s4pwj.jpg

2bcrkm.jpg

1i06c8.jpg

The other denim is a pair of Ande Whall cougars thats are about a year old. Those were really dark when i got them too but these are on another level!

WOW!! THOSE LOOK AMAZING! def wanna cop a pair of Ooe's after this tour thing is done. Do they make type II jackets???

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious too to see what other cuts they have and the fit. The WWII cut fits me because I'm a fat ass but the rise is very big. Never had a pair of jeans that sat on my true waist before. Its a bit strange but not a bad thing. The denim on these things are awesome! Lovin every minute of mine.

Fit pics soon, I promise. Just been busy recently, trying to buy a house. (thank god i got my ooe's in before the mortgage payments start, lol)

I soaked mine in hot water for about an hour. Could have soaked for another hour. No soap/No dryer.[/quote

I know this question may be elementary but I do own a pair of 2201xx and 4901xx and always wanted to know why is it important to soak your denim before wearing? Why would I want to loose that much dye befor even taking a step in them?

I soaked mine in hot water for about an hour. Could have soaked for another hour. No soap/No dryer.[/quote

I know this question may be elementary but I do own a pair of 2201xx and 4901xx and always wanted to know why is it important to soak your denim before wearing? Why would I want to loose that much dye befor even taking a step in them?

Try searching. But here's a short answer- you should soak to get rid of some of the starch. If not, you may break the threads in the denim. You won't lose any indigo with a plain old soak.

Properly dyed denim isn't going to loose much indigo with a simple soak, or even a wash. I have a pair of Full Count 0105Cs that have had around 20 trips through the washing machine over the past year. The non-wear areas are still pretty dark.

Raw jeans are supposed to be shrunk to fit, and when they're dirty, they're supposed to be washed. I don't know why so many people here think water will be the death of their $250 jeans.

From Repeat to Fade, here's a picture of the owner's of Ooe's jeans that they'd been wearing for six months at the time of the photo, and had been washing them weekly or bi weekly. They look more like 50s or 60s jeans than any I can remember seeing of SUFU.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5L7DmVQiNKs/SbdU3EQQ9II/AAAAAAAADww/Ko1APeSKzDM/s1600-h/IMG_6205.jpg

Try searching. But here's a short answer- you should soak to get rid of some of the starch. If not, you may break the threads in the denim. You won't lose any indigo with a plain old soak.

to shrink them , and you wont loose dye you will loose starch
Properly dyed denim isn't going to loose much indigo with a simple soak, or even a wash. I have a pair of Full Count 0105Cs that have had around 20 trips through the washing machine over the past year. The non-wear areas are still pretty dark.

Raw jeans are supposed to be shrunk to fit, and when they're dirty, they're supposed to be washed. I don't know why so many people here think water will be the death of their $250 jeans.

All points are well taken. Setterman you hit my anxiety on the head. It's hard to see all that dye in the tub. But if its going to give me better results then I'll do it. I I ony have a black and a grey pair of ooe's but I plan on gettng my first blue pair of denim from them soon so I want to do it right. Thanks guys.

All points are well taken. Setterman you hit my anxiety on the head. It's hard to see all that dye in the tub. But if its going to give me better results then I'll do it. I I ony have a black and a grey pair of ooe's but I plan on gettng my first blue pair of denim from them soon so I want to do it right. Thanks guys.

Run 'em through the washer, then you won't see the blue water. ;-)

There's no "right". Give 'em an intial soak or trip through the washer to get the intial shrinking taken care of. After that, it depends on what type of fades you want. If you want super contrasty fades with sharp whiskers and combs, then wear them as long as possible between washes, wash gently (by hand or delicate in the washer) and then hang or lay out to dry. If you want vintage fades, wash them however often you please either by hand or through the washing machine and then hang to dry. You can use the drier (and I have to get max shrinkage), but from what I've read that's what's most abusive for the cotton and indigo. Most important thing is a comfortable fit and wearing the jeans daily. After that, the fades will take care of themselves.

Run 'em through the washer, then you won't see the blue water. ;-)

There's no "right". Give 'em an intial soak or trip through the washer to get the intial shrinking taken care of. After that, it depends on what type of fades you want. If you want super contrasty fades with sharp whiskers and combs, then wear them as long as possible between washes, wash gently (by hand or delicate in the washer) and then hang or lay out to dry. If you want vintage fades, wash them however often you please either by hand or through the washing machine and then hang to dry. You can use the drier (and I have to get max shrinkage), but from what I've read that's what's most abusive for the cotton and indigo. Most important thing is a comfortable fit and wearing the jeans daily. After that, the fades will take care of themselves.

Word up setterman thats the most comprehensive answer I've ever heard. I am looking to achieve both styles of fading so I'm glad you distingueshed the two. You're really easing my fear over the dye. And you made me laugh with that joke.