Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

That was their recommendation - decided to run with it, as I don't think I'm at the point where seeing a sample in person would tell me much.

I had been in the market for a pair of Warehouse 800s, but I'm kind of excited to get to buy from a small business like this (though I don't expect Warehouse is huge, itself).

Can we please have some more fit picures / finished results?

I'm not convinced. More details?

Oven-baked Malt Porridge a Finnish Easter Treat

Christmas is the main festival in the Finnish calendar and the time when Finns serve their most traditional fare. Easter, too, features some traditional foods, but they do not add up to a unified festive board.

easter3.jpg

The oldest and no doubt the most unusual traditional Finnish dish is mämmi, a dark brown porridge made of water and sweetened rye malt. It is baked in a slow oven in cardboard boxes made to look like birchbark baskets. Nowadays mämmi is a dessert served with cream and sugar, but originally it used to be a Lenten provision, eaten cold as such or spread on top of a slice of bread.

For a long time, Easter mämmi remained a special delicacy of southwestern Finns, until early this century the art of making mämmi spread nationwide, thanks to rural homemaking schools, agricultural societies and cookery books. Finland's independence in 1917 inspired a vigorous search for typically Finnish symbols. Mämmi, an age-old, genuine Finnish folk dish, was accepted as one. Nowadays it is a seasonal product for the bakeries. Rows of boxes resembling birchbark baskets and filled with mämmi appear in the food stores almost as soon as Christmas is over.

Guest akatsuki

I am getting ready to order a pair myself. These things look awesome, and I like that they are handmade by two guys basically. Now just to decide on fit and fabrics... So many decisions to make...

not sure, but thats what they call their lot 402 on the product page . . . just compared to the 01xx its a slimmer leg, less of a highrise, and not quite as anti-fit. the 01xx is definitely the traditional, fuller cut. hope that helps some. you can also check the stats they list for the 402 cut http://ooe-yofukuten.com/402.html.

Took me a while to get off my lazy ass and take photos of these. here they are. they are the 60's cut in black denim

Packaging:

2m66df9.jpg

33c0pbk.jpg

2uo57k0.jpg

Leather tag:

2zg96bk.jpg

Red selvage:

2weh1jq.jpg

All black hardware and stitching:

wwi060.jpg

Free denim sample and namecard:

jhd3pe.jpg