Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

Sendpause, maybe you got the wrong cut for what you were after? But yeah HJJ is right and maybe you just need to get used to them.

Yup, you probably hit the nail right on it's head as we say in holland...

I'm gona throw them in the maching machine running the highest temp available. and then get used to it....

I just paid for my pair today. 2902XX.

I went for the 02 cut with XX detailing because I wanted them a little slimmer. The 01XX cut is very much a regular fit. When I was comparing measurements it looked looser than my okinawas with a higher rise. Sendpause, maybe you got the wrong cut for what you were after? But yeah HJJ is right and maybe you just need to get used to them.

The 01 is actually slimmer than the okinawas, I would say. It could just be a misleading impression because the cut seems more proportional than the okinawa cut. In any case, there is no leg taper like the okis have, so they do feel a bite looser from the knee down. The seat on the Ooes is waaaaay more fitted though. And you're right, the rise is much higher on the Ooes.

edit: this is comparing size 34 Ooe and size 32 SC.

Oh really? I thought the measurements were bigger... oh well, if the 02XX work out nicely, which I'm sure they will, I might get an 01XX as a second pair some time in the distant future... when I actually need more jeans!?

I would be very tempted by the railroad jacket, if they intend to start making it again.

Oh really? I thought the measurements were bigger... oh well, if the 02XX work out nicely, which I'm sure they will, I might get an 01XX as a second pair some time in the distant future... when I actually need more jeans!?

I would be very tempted by the railroad jacket, if they intend to start making it again.

Ooe measurements are raw I think and okinawas are one wash (at least I have never seen a raw okinawa). I wonder if that could have anything to do with it. One of these days I'll get around to posting fit picks and I'll compare the two.

So, yesterday i did a Hot 60 degrees machine wash and here are the results. There was still some shrinkage to be done in the lenght, the waist and overall 'cut'. I think it really turn out well. Some fit pics. Also one with stroke light so you can see the texture of the denim...

Still, they could have been one size smaller but i can live with the result as they are now.

me happy!

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo4.jpg

got my 2101xx semi-custom yesterday, will soak them this weekend, fingers crossed for sizing, I went with the 36x36, hoping it'll be good, I normally wear a 34 in most Japanese brands...

Well, they recommended this size, after I told them I needed a 87cm waist and 34" inseam post-wash.

11vkx2b.jpg

edit: what number of leather patch is that on your 1301 ed, no.2?

and nemoulette and aaronmetcalf, awesome awesome fits!

oh and HJJ your ag1101xx is looking damn fine there...

Hey, do I understand correctly that you can for example order the cut you like with your preferred denim? For example that '47 cut with 12.5oz denim (or what ever lighter denim there were to choose)?

Tiro, you seem to have great taste! What you going to be wearing? :)

fingers crossed for sizing, I went with the 36x36, hoping it'll be good, I normally wear a 34 in most Japanese brands...

I'm looking forward to seeing how these fit,Tiro - I usually take a 34 too

Also, really looking forward to your post on Ryo and Hiro hhj.

Do you happen to know when they're bringing out their 03 WW11 type?

Hey, do I understand correctly that you can for example order the cut you like with your preferred denim? For example that '47 cut with 12.5oz denim (or what ever lighter denim there were to choose)?

Tiro, you seem to have great taste! What you going to be wearing? :)

exactly moykky, you can choose a cut and one of the denims available and they'll make your choice of cut in that denim...

actually, you'll most likely have to do it this way, cause the models on their site are often sold out...

thanks for the compliment, as for what am I going to be wearing, well, if the sizing on these works out and I end up with a perfect fit like this:

3185704816_44064faa56.jpg

then I won't be wearing any other jeans then these I think...

spent a few days with Ryo & Hiro in Nagoya and checked out their atelier. Very nice to meet them. I'll be posting pics later.

really curious to see these pics! :D

exactly moykky, you can choose a cut and one of the denims available and they'll make your choice of cut in that denim...

actually, you'll most likely have to do it this way, cause the models on their site are often sold out...

Thanks for the info! I've thought about getting a pair of '47's for some time and I'd like to have them in lighter denim as well. Seems I've found what I'm looking for... :)

Sendepause I like the fit, it has got a certain amount of good ol' grandfather in it!

so, I've just put on my 2101XX, seems sizing worked out perfect and the cut is awesome...

I'll try and get some fitpics up later this week (at the latest in the weekend) when I find someone that can take the pics for me, as I'm a disaster at working a tripod and my girl ain't home...

You have a choice of buttons, they have silver and gold donuts and a couple of others

their new blog post shows painted buttons and rivets as well. they mentioned that they are working on a WWII model but that it is not available yet. I suspect these buttons might be for that model.