Ooe-Yofukuten & Co.

im pretty much sold on these, or those new Warehouse. the only trouble is whether or not i can get denim pocket bags. i need a tough bag like nobody's business. thats my selling point right now. edmond, help me!

im pretty much sold on these, or those new Warehouse. the only trouble is whether or not i can get denim pocket bags. i need a tough bag like nobody's business. thats my selling point right now. edmond, help me!

salaami- 50/50 pocket bags are pretty durable, too. All of my 70's 501s have never had pocket bag issues, whereas I've had to repair ALL of my repro pocket bags.

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I must have missed it in the thread somewhere; on average, how much does a pair of Y&Os cost?

Semi-custom order costs about 21000 - 23000 Yen for 01 cut. It depends on the fabric and other details you choose. I think it's slightly cheaper for 02 cut.

You can order what they have in stock between 13000 - 19000 Yen. Check out their products page for details.

I just got samples of #29, 41, 48 and 51. These are all lovely, here are my thoughts...

No.29 unsanforized right hand twill Selvage denim 14oz red line. This is pretty smooth and dark indigo with a dark ecru weft. Quite hairy.

No.41 unsanforized right hand twill Selvage denim 14.5oz pink line. This is heavier, bluer and rougher, the weave is also more irregular, the weft is paler.

No.48 unsanforized right hand twill Selvage denim 14oz red line. This is a slubby denim, with a pale weft.

No.51 unsanforized right hand twill Selvage denim 14oz red line. Dark ecru weft, similar to 29, but slightly bluer and feels a little lighter.

When I asked, Ryu and Hiro said all the cooton comes from the US and all denims are woven in Okayama.

Now I need to choose one denim.....

got my 2101 the other day. i seriously think they nailed this fit. i guess it is the first non-66 inspired repro cut i've worn and i have to say i really like the high waist. of note for salaami, the pocket bags seem considerably sturdier than my samurai pocket bags. the fabric actually has a really cool texture. i went with a 34, two sizes from most of my other jeans. i didn't really get what nemoulette was saying about the "butter soft" patch until I touched it - very unique. all in all, i think these will be my new favorite pair.

all you guys are ordering with your own denim choices, am i right in thinking that they carry some styles in stock so you dont have to wait for them to be made? eg i quite like the look of the 402 shown on the products page.

this has probably been mentioned on a previous page, but i have a bad arm and i cant scroll through so much information.. im not lazy.. honest ;)

this is true. but they are sold out of unsanforized models, i believe, which many of us seem to prefer (i do at least).

This thread has been doing wonders over the past few days...strongly considering a purchase

Sell veg: did you ask them to send you samples? What was the cost of this? I've wanted a closer look at the fabrics for a while now

This thread has been doing wonders over the past few days...strongly considering a purchase

Sell veg: did you ask them to send you samples? What was the cost of this? I've wanted a closer look at the fabrics for a while now

If you email them and ask for samples they will send them to you free of charge (for now at least, i can't imagine that they will be able to keep this up as their business increases). i asked for about 6 samples. they have some serious customer service and their english skills are excellent. they included a hand written lunar new years postcard in my package too. it's interesting that the custom orders in this thread have all been the same denim - 21 and 41 (edit: i guess edmond got some customs with no. 13 & 14 denim). I placed my order before I saw the other 2101 pair here.

If you email them and ask for samples they will send them to you free of charge (for now at least, i can't imagine that they will be able to keep this up as their business increases). i asked for about 6 samples. they have some serious customer service and their english skills are excellent. they included a hand written lunar new years postcard in my package too. it's interesting that the custom orders in this thread have all been the same denim - 21 and 41 (edit: i guess edmond got some customs with no. 13 & 14 denim). I placed my order before I saw the other 2101 pair here.

I think I might go with 29 denim. 41 is nice but I like the darker weft of 29.

I think I might go with 29 denim. 41 is nice but I like the darker weft of 29.

I really like how other dark weft jeans like sda 0 fabric have looked. there was a really cool broken twill with really dark weft that I looked at from Ooe (no 50-something). It will be interesting to see how the different denim develops. unfortunately I won't be able to wear mine regularly until around July. I'll be a weekend warrior until then.

hahah my guess is they will say no to that request. ;)
somewhere on their site i read they will make custom arcs as long as it isnt going to infringe on "copyrighted arcs"

I was thinking since they ship them with tabs, they're already infringing, so why not go the full 9. They may not do custom stuff by the time I would want to order anyway, since I'm doing the FC contest.