Stronghold Denim

STA TRU

Wouldn't it be cool if Stronghold actually made accurate reproductions of the original brand with the correct high rise and pocket design. This weekend I went to see a new print of Charlie Chaplin's Modern Times. For those interested in vintage work wear this movie is chock full of some great stuff including chin strap work shirts, cinch back denim jeans and chore jackets. Then there's Chaplin sporting those amazing hickory striped Stronghold overalls. Some of the other actors in the factory assembly line scenes were also wearing what looked like original Stronghold jeans.

moderntimes.jpg

I dunno, enjoy the re-imagined workwear look.I wouldn't want to wear high rise jeans, but it would be cool if a repro/re-issue line was made as well as their current stuff.

-Jake

• 1 month later...

I thought it might belong here, but then just gave it a stand-alone thread. I'm wondering if any of the Stronghold fans might know about the Herringbone Denim O'alls dug out of my family vaults.

See this thread: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=143395

Any thoughts? I'm jones'ing about hunting for a trade for something Stronghold-ish.

Just a thought..

I am happy to announce, that after a long wait, our Selvage Indigo Herringbone Twill Fabric is once again in stock!

The roll of fabric just came though customs, and is in the sewing shop ready for orders!

This fabric is avail. as a custom order only at the moment. They are avail. in any of our Stronghold stock fits for $385, or in Full Made to Measure at $485.

Bare in mind that even jeans made on our stock patterns are still customizable in terms of length, pocket lining, thread color, bells and whistles (i.e. bucklebacks, suspender buttons etc...).

I know a few of you have been waiting patiently for these, and we do greatly appreciate it!

Cheers,

-Bill

• 2 weeks later...

We've got a fresh batch of RAW Selvage Hickory Straight Legs ready for good homes! These have the plain, Purist pockets, solid red selvage ticker and selvage inside the coin pocket (as always). These are the first production lot of Hickory to be delivered Raw, and are limited edition Lot 1, only 9 pieces total

photo-135.jpg

Bill,

How much, and what sizes?

Thanks,

-Jake

$285 One pair each size 28-38. Sizing runs 2" larger than tagged.

RAW hick. stripes look dope. But, is it sanforized?

Sanforized, yes. Shrink is 2% width, but more like 5% length. Get 'em long if you're gonna wash 'em

$285 One pair each size 28-38. Sizing runs 2" larger than tagged.

Sanforized, yes. Shrink is 2% width, but more like 5% length. Get 'em long if you're gonna wash 'em

Pm sent. 10 char.

Just got off the phone with Bill. Shipping me a pair of the limited edition Hickory Straight Legs - hope to have them by end of the week.

Thanks for your help, Bill, I really appreciate it!

-Jake

Post lots of pics when you get them. Do they come with suspenders? I thought the last lot did or maybe I'm thinking of something else...

They do not come with suspenders - Bill asked if I wanted suspender buttons, but I declined. I don't wear suspenders so I did without. If I change my mind in the future, I am sure I could always add them later. I hope to have them by Friday, and I will take some pics over the weekend.

-Jake

BIll - the jeans arrived today. Thanks for everything, I appreciate all the help. I've tried them on, and the fit is just what I was looking for, especially given the shrinkage estimates.

I'll take and post some pics tomorrow when the light is good in the afternoon.

-Jake

As promised, I took some pictures when my light got good. I have no good fit pics, so when I get a chance to take some, I will. On to the pics...

Front:

DSCN1581.jpg

Back:

DSCN1586.jpg

Button Fly:

DSCN1584.jpg

Denim Closeup:

DSCN1590.jpg

Rivet Closeup:

DSCN1591.jpg

Care Tag:

DSCN1593.jpg

Cuff Selvedge:

DSCN1589.jpg

Selvedge Belt Loop:

DSCN1588.jpg

So there you have it. They are just too cool. I'll be wearing them tonight for their inaugural public debut. Thanks again, Bill!

-Jake

Are you posting any story or report of the Cone Mill visit?

I'd be quite interested to hear/read about that.

Wish my budget weren't already completely overburnt. I'd really, really like a pair of these. Sigh.

Drop dead gorgeous. The detailing and fabric are lovely.

Bill might know this fact already, but I was at the COne mill a couple weeks ago, they were looking at old invoice books, I'm guessing fro the 1910s, and they used to supply Stronghold with denim.

Yes! We are aware that Stronghold was made predominantly out of Cone "Deep Tone" Fabrics, but its awesome to see some archival proof! I'll be shooting my Cone rep and email to see if we can get a hold of some scans of it or something....

Thanks Paul!