Stronghold Denim

STA TRU

Nice semi-dress boots! Those are dark brown, yeah? In the top pick they look black... Or my work monitor could suck.

-Jake

The tongue looks to be a lighter shade of brown - or is that an optical illusion?

bill.. possible?

gunfighter_big.jpg

Demon, we discussed this over PM, but for sake of making it public knowledge..... White's has pretty much refused to do the captoe boots for us over the last year. They are experiencing tremendous volume at the factory with the current fashion oriented resurgence in their business (esp. to Japan...). Because of this, build times are slightly longer, and they are somewhat less able to accomodate the more rare custom requests.... they just slow down the factory line too much. Often times there are only one or two people at the factory that can do these things, and having the whole factory stop for a custom cut captoe upper just isn't feasable at the moment!

I will continue to ask from time to time to see if we can sneak in an order here or there.

Also, sometimes the factory is more willing to do these kinds of things if we can put a group order together. If there are six or so like minded people who are ready to order boots, maybe we can get SufuxStrongholdxWhite put together!

-Bill

we already have 4 right here:

fresco

tmadd

jake431

demonito

Depends on the makeup though....what specs are we talking about...I have ideas, but I will wait to see what the others are most interested in.

i want the same as the picture above but with cats paw half soles or vibram 705 half soles .. natural colored mid soles and change the laces to flat or hking boots type

5 bills plus 100 more for catss paws

Unless things have changed recently, the Cats Paws would go on after Whites was done with the boots, so they don't have to be figured into the "group order" part of the boot makeup.

Also...Edmond, have you given a pair of boots with leather soles a go yet? I like my pair of Whites with Cats Paws on them as they are great for any and all situations, but the feel and look of the plain leather soles (especially a single on the semi dress or standard smokejumper) is hard to argue with. Could be a good change-up, plus it is as old school as you can get.

Also...I know this is still a big hypothetical, but does anyone have strong feelings on what color the boot would/should be?

Demon, we discussed this over PM, but for sake of making it public knowledge..... White's has pretty much refused to do the captoe boots for us over the last year. They are experiencing tremendous volume at the factory with the current fashion oriented resurgence in their business (esp. to Japan...). Because of this, build times are slightly longer, and they are somewhat less able to accomodate the more rare custom requests.... they just slow down the factory line too much. Often times there are only one or two people at the factory that can do these things, and having the whole factory stop for a custom cut captoe upper just isn't feasable at the moment!

I will continue to ask from time to time to see if we can sneak in an order here or there.

Also, sometimes the factory is more willing to do these kinds of things if we can put a group order together. If there are six or so like minded people who are ready to order boots, maybe we can get SufuxStrongholdxWhite put together!

-Bill

I think, and Bill, jump in if I am wrong, but I think the point of the SufuxStrongholdxWhite is to make the captoe jumper above.

-Jake

I'm sure that Bill will try to order the cap toe jumpers if 6 or more people are interested. That being said, I don't see why he couldn't put together another order for a different SxSxW variation if there is enough interest.

I like seeing all of the different ideas. No reason to spoil the fun :-)!

HAHA, yeah, I know. I just wanted to clarify. And I WANT MY DAMN CAPTOE BOOTS!

Seriously, the ideas are cool. I'm super into a workwear aesthetic these days, and those captoes fit the bill to a T for me. But other people's interpretation of super custom White's Boots are neat to hear about - who knows, maybe one of them will also grab my interest.

-Jake

Unless things have changed recently, the Cats Paws would go on after Whites was done with the boots, so they don't have to be figured into the "group order" part of the boot makeup.

Also...Edmond, have you given a pair of boots with leather soles a go yet? I like my pair of Whites with Cats Paws on them as they are great for any and all situations, but the feel and look of the plain leather soles (especially a single on the semi dress or standard smokejumper) is hard to argue with. Could be a good change-up, plus it is as old school as you can get.

Also...I know this is still a big hypothetical, but does anyone have strong feelings on what color the boot would/should be?

im actually wearing my single sole leather stronghold custom semi dress black

they are fucking comfy and feels so genuine like early 1900's thanks to stronghold! i love the store i love bill and i love their white's period!