Stronghold Denim

STA TRU

that truck is a real beauty in person. I wish I had an old like that to fix up.

I ventured into the custom world of denim today. We'll see how they turn out in a few weeks.

Congratulations on the jeans and the new boots....sounds like some exciting stuff is on the way, I can't wait for my Lace-to-Toe Smokejumpers to show up.

A website is in the works! Base model product will be availible for purchase, along with tutorials on the custom process. We will be a' bloggin also, I promise.

Quick Teaser: We have just placed the order for a sample pair of our Purist jean, to be done very early this week....pictures to come.

The Purist: Completely plain back pockets, exposed rivets at the corners. Double topstitching around the pockets (front and back) In essence THE iconic origional blue jean. 14.5 oz. Broken Twill chosen spcifically for its vertical falling....this fabric is beefy and breaks really nicely. I will post pics as soon as the samples arrive and will outline the sizing breakdown and presale on these. We will be making only about a dozen pair and they will be stamped limited edition # of # before delivery!

A website is in the works! Base model product will be availible for purchase, along with tutorials on the custom process. We will be a' bloggin also, I promise.

Quick Teaser: We have just placed the order for a sample pair of our Purist jean, to be done very early this week....pictures to come.

The Purist: Completely plain back pockets, exposed rivets at the corners. Double topstitching around the pockets (front and back) In essence THE iconic origional blue jean. 14.5 oz. Broken Twill chosen spcifically for its vertical falling....this fabric is beefy and breaks really nicely. I will post pics as soon as the samples arrive and will outline the sizing breakdown and presale on these. We will be making only about a dozen pair and they will be stamped limited edition # of # before delivery!

That broken twill is very nice. Which cut is this going to be? Closer to straight or classic?

I really liked this fabric so I might have to get in on the order.

and heavier too im pretty sure right? if its in the 'straight leg' then i cant wait for this..

Yes heavier for sure....and Yes, Straight legs they shall be! To make sizing easier for a presale I think we may take orders based on straight up tagged-as-measured-raw......i.e. tagged 31's are 15.5" across the back waist etc

Would this make life easier??

L.A photographer Christopher Lenz took a few shots of the store, and of yours truly a few weeks back....here are some samples.

Ladies....Signed prints will be made avail. in store...if you act right, I might even spray a little of the Stronghold Scent on there for you too...

Sign.jpg

Jeans.jpg

Our Kick Press for instore Buttoning/Riveting

KickPress.jpg

My Ugly Mug...

BillonBrick.jpg

BillLookinRight.jpg

BillLeaning.jpg

AdjustingHat.jpg

Yes heavier for sure....and Yes, Straight legs they shall be! To make sizing easier for a presale I think we may take orders based on straight up tagged-as-measured-raw......i.e. tagged 31's are 15.5" across the back waist etc

Would this make life easier??

much easier than that 2 sizes bigger sillyness. i need to get another job soon..

Hey Bill, Im interested in a sizing chart on the straight and slim models. Specifically Im a 37. Im trying to comparison shop fits online and its pretty dumb but at least I can get an idea. Oh and what weights are the straights and slims available in? Thanks.

I am in AZ so a tad to far to just come in,

Wrong! The trip would be more than worth your while, I guarantee it.

I finally met Bill and Jeff today and they did not disappoint. Very cool place and I can't leave without purchasing the selvedge hickory pants they have. I'm having it altered and can't wait to pick it up next week! The White's boots they have are awesome too!

Bill anywhere these are sold besides in store?

I am in AZ so a tad to far to just come in, but would love to see how these "Tomboy" jeans look.

I'll get some pictures today if my computer will behave itself....they are our widest leg ladies jean, in a mid-low rise. Very stove pipe legged....

Hey Bill, Im interested in a sizing chart on the straight and slim models. Specifically Im a 37. Im trying to comparison shop fits online and its pretty dumb but at least I can get an idea. Oh and what weights are the straights and slims available in? Thanks.

If you're a 37 natural, I would put you in a 36 tagged straight or Slim. Measurements to follow when I make it into the store this morning....The St Legs are avail in heavy and mid weight at the moment, in the cross hatch denim featured on the slims at ContexClothing.com. The Slims are currently exclusive to Context as an off the rack item, but we are happy to make pairs to order, to your spec's.

hey bill could you check your pms...sent you one about a sweater...thanks!

Not selling my sweater! Nice try

Does anyone have any fit pix of the flame weave? Ditto for information on how they run - TTS? Size up, size down?

Size down, at least one.

Does anyone have any fit pix of the flame weave? Ditto for information on how they run - TTS? Size up, size down?

http://contextclothing.com/brands/the_stronghold/flame_weave_selvage.php

They run about 3" LARGER than tagged. I would also advise you will get less shrink than Context recommends. Their shrink tests showed much more than ours did in house. Size down two for regular fit, down three for Sufu fit.

We also have a newly acquired roll of the flame weave sitting in our sewing shop....So Custom jeans in flame are now avail.

St Leg:

Tagged 34"

Waist flat across: 18.5"

Thigh: 12.5"

Knee: 9"

Hem: 9"

Inseam: 37.5"

The Slims are the same top block with .5" taken out of the thigh and 1" taken out of knee and hem. We can also slim down either the slim or the straight's to a customer's specific request

Right on Bill. Those measurements sound good. Is that one wash or raw? Also how much stretch should I expect?

Finally, a question about the 'purist' edition straightleg. How would that differ from say the straight fit available from context?

St Leg:

Tagged 34"

Waist flat across: 18.5"

Thigh: 12.5"

Knee: 9"

Hem: 9"

Inseam: 37.5"

The Slims are the same top block with .5" taken out of the thigh and 1" taken out of knee and hem. We can also slim down either the slim or the straight's to a customer's specific request

Right on Bill. Those measurements sound good. Is that one wash or raw? Also how much stretch should I expect?

Finally, a question about the 'purist' edition straightleg. How would that differ from say the straight fit available from context?

Those measurements were from a one wash pair. Stretch is minimal in the heavier fabrics, more prevalent in the lighter ones. Nothing beyond the norm (i.e. APC....)

The Purist will share the same dimensions, but have more classic styling. Pockets will look like old school Wrangler pockets (w/out the W, mind you)... Plain, with exposed rivets at the corners. Double line orange stitching throughout, instead of single line orange w/second line in tonal/indigo thread..... A few other minor changes. We are finalizing a few details still, which is why I've held off on posting pics. New samples should be ready monday, and if they are approved, pics will be posted!

Here's what I can show you for the time being....

IMG_0462.jpg