Stronghold Denim

STA TRU

Most jeans off the rack from us are $285. Special make-ups and fabrics will be slightly more, and on a case by case basis.

Hickory will be $285

The Utility pants runs much more true to size than the straight leg. I wear a 30 or 31 in our straights and 33 in Utility (33 Being my true size)

I just tried on the pair of Stronghold's that I have. I'm not sure which model they are since I bought they over a year ago and I don't have the tag. I wear a 31 and I think there is enough length for me to get them chainstitched.

could you post pictures of them on you? thanks!

They don't look too short to me - but that's just my opinion. Wish you knew what model they were, I like the fit.

-Jake

They don't look too short to me - but that's just my opinion. Wish you knew what model they were, I like the fit.

-Jake

Yeah, I made the short statement after not having seen them for awhile. I could probably get them chainstitched and still have enough length to roll.

I'm pretty sure they are the straight leg. I wouldn't have bought slims or boot cuts.

thanks so much for the fit pictures.. i could use a pair of those . doea bill give discounts for superfuture members?

Geez, you're gonna talk about me like I"m not in the room?! We do the best we can to show love for Sufu, specifics can be discussed though PM!

Some more nicely broken in Slim Legs....These are a customers that have been dropped off to have the knee patched. No info on how long or how many washes, but they were broken in from raw....

IMG_0398-1.jpg

IMG_0400-1.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
The difference between the two breaks down along these lines: Core Dyed Yarns vs. Surface dyed yarns.

Surface dyed yarns are only indigo coated, the core of the yarn remains white. As the outer layers of the yarns are worn away, the white cores of the yarn show through, creating contrast fading. Surface dyed yarns are most often chemical indigo. Chemical Indigos are darker and purer in comparison to botanical dye. It requires less saturation of dye to acheive a dark color. There are surface dyed natural indigo models out there however, a new one out by samurai in presale now I beleive.

Core dyed yarns are Indigo saturated all the way through with Indigo dye. They are dyed more times, each time the yarn becomes more saturated with dye, and darkens. In these instances, as the warp threads abrade, there is not a white core revealed, just more indigo dyed yarn, hence the stubborn fading. Natural Indigo is, by nature, impure and lighter in color. More dips are needed to acheive dark color, core saturation comes along with that process.

much appreciated word on this Bill, thought i would quote this here and ask about the dye-work on stronghold's products since you guys have both natural and pure indigo offerings? :)

Thanks Tweedles!

All of our standard fabrics are chemical indigo and surface dyed. Amongst them though, there are a bunch of different weights, weaves, and dye castings. I'm really excited about our broken twill fabric at the moment...its a heavy 14.5oz and gets outstanding vertical falling...

Our Natural Indigo, Persimmon and India Ink fabrics are core dyed, as is the super heavy weight veggie.

I finally got a chance to make it into the store yesterday. I can't even begin to describe how awesome that place is. My experience was something that I did not expect. I met both of the owners, one of which personally put suspender buttons on my strongholds for me and then hooked up a free pair to wear with them. Something I did not expect.

I bought my girlfriend a pair of one wash straight fits and she also got a free pair of suspenders. I'll be going back on Monday to get custom fit for a pair of jeans of my own. If you are ever in the area you have to go down to the store. Everyone is super nice. Bill is an awesome dude who even showed up on his day off to say hello. (I think he was just picking up his paycheck though, haha). The custom room is like being in selvedge heaven.

I can't thank these guys enough for the fun I had yesterday just being there talking denim.

I finally got a chance to make it into the store yesterday. I can't even begin to describe how awesome that place is. My experience was something that I did not expect. I met both of the owners, one of which personally put suspender buttons on my strongholds for me and then hooked up a free pair to wear with them. Something I did not expect.

I bought my girlfriend a pair of one wash straight fits and she also got a free pair of suspenders. I'll be going back on Monday to get custom fit for a pair of jeans of my own. If you are ever in the area you have to go down to the store. Everyone is super nice. Bill is an awesome dude who even showed up on his day off to say hello. (I think he was just picking up his paycheck though, haha). The custom room is like being in selvedge heaven.

I can't thank these guys enough for the fun I had yesterday just being there talking denim.

Not true!! I was also there to smoke a joint on the beach.

Was great to meet you though, I'm glad I was in the neighborhood! Looking forward to getting those tan selvages started for you. Thank you for the stellar review, we're all glad you enjoyed your time here

Bill, I think I will also be deciding on the specifics for some white's semi dress on Monday as well. After seeing them in the store and a pair this dude at mr freedom was wearing today, I want a pair.

Ah, you saw Jared's boots....I sold him those!