Stronghold Denim

STA TRU

Shop looks terrific, I like the updated cuts with period detailing, plus the fact you're working with herringbone, hope we see some hickory stripe too...

Ofcourse we do Paul! Ours is a 2x1 Selvage Hickory with a solid red selvage line

since public praise is the new rep, i gotta say im in awe. that store looks amazing, this really looks like something that has to be experienced first hand. custom jeans wow, no buyers remorse there.

I was in Santa Monica this weekend and knew I should have stopped by... damn it.

Cotton: Yeah, its funny how the thread evolved. I read the thread while I was interviewing with Stronghold and kinda chuckled at the hate it was getting on here. Glad we've turned the tide a little bit

Thank you everyone else for the interest!

Next week I will be photographing Michael Cassel's (the infamous founder of Von Dutch...haha) nearly two year old Stronghold Straight Legs. He wore the bejesus out of them, and they will now serve as a sample for a new pre-wash we are introducing soon

I'm also expecting my customized Stronghold Utility jeans back from our tailor tomorrow morning....can't wait. Will post those too!

Oh, and for the record, we also sell Pecards dressing. If anybody is looking for some, gimme a call

Those measurements sound alittle wonky to me. Depends how old that production run of the Hickory they have at Hinoya is. The very first batch of selvage hickory we did ran oversize, due to unforseen variation in shrinkage (this being a 2x1 fabric, more tightly woven, and shrank less than anticipated). The pattern has since been adjusted.

And for all of you who just said...."I'd like those if they weren't a prewash..." We are offering Mens Hickory in one wash for Winter 07

• 2 weeks later...

This place is extremely dangerous. I went with a singular purpose in mind, to order some Whites with the vibram mini-lug sole. I left wanting a Filson jacket, a cool ass Stetson hat, a few rolls of some persimmon dyed selvage...........

Bill was very helpful and patient, he even let myself and my family venture into the tailoring room full of rolls of fabric, and was explaining the differences. Showed me this cool selvage chambray, very yummy. My son really liked the jars full of buttons and rivets; just glad he didn't scatter them to the wind!

Check this place out if you can, you won't regret it. It may not fit in with your esthetic, but you will probably have some fun.

Wait, so I can grab some spare denim to patch up my other jeans? Any idea on the cost?

• 2 weeks later...

my gf and i finally made it to the stronghold store in venice today.

IMG_2624.jpg

very nice interior. some really cool stuff like viking mentioned above.

IMG_2622.jpg

and a great lineup of white's boots. what i was really after.

IMG_2621.jpg

mmm, yummy

IMG_2625.jpg

bill was just awesome. really helpful and stylish. he also showed us some preview of new denim lineup to come. looked promising.

thanks bill! was really nice meeting you. looking forward to my new semi-dress boots.

Truly lovely shop, but the carpets have got to go (jk of course) ;)

I like the Mr Freedom style Strongholds. Do they have the coin pocket on the inside pocket bag as the regular Strongholds?

Are you talking about the pair that I had customized?? If so, that pair are the Stronghold Utility pant; based off a WWII army pattern with patch pockets and white stitching. I had a side pocket attached to mine to mimic my MFxSC's since I had fallen in love with having a pocket there......... Alas, on the patch pocket models there are no interior pockets, and therefore, no secret pockets