Stronghold Denim

STA TRU

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IMG_1285.jpg

I'm not sure which model of Stonghold it is, but I found these at my local thrift and it's my wife's first pair of Selvedge... A little too short for her, but she turned them in capris.... visiting the local car show last week

My River Wash Straight Legs Stronholds (32*36) are still unused and I think I'll make them my skateboarding pair, unless somebody wants to grab them and makes me an interesting offer. I'm curios to see how they fade and what frequent washes do to them. And frequent washing may be necessary on this particular pair.

• 4 months later...

what's the word with stronghold? these guys still doing anything?

edit: the answer is that they're still around, but a pair of hickory jawns is going for 325 now :o

Edited by wgmds

• 4 months later...

for anyone who cares, I just picked up a pair of stronghold's slim fit at the Saturdays NYC sample sale for $80...I'm in the process of getting them hemmed and will post fit pics when I can, love the texture of these, too bad there aren't more examples of worn pairs online.

Did they have any of the hickory stripe?

Did they have any of the hickory stripe?

no I just saw the one pair, that just happened to be my size

I don't know if Saturdays ever actually carried stronghold or not, weird that these were there.

6ocxm8.jpg

here's a shitty fit pic of how a pair of 29 slims fit me,

they are a little loose in the waist but that should go away after a wash, they are comfortable regardless and the denim has a ridiculously cool cross-hatch, heavy weight with a light hand, redline selvedge, hammered exposed rivets etc.

awesome pair of jeans, especially for $80!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Always a challenge to get connectivity while traveling :rolleyes:

Been wearing my Strongholds more lately - this was just before we left on vacation - herringbone selvage.

It's really a shame that Bill isn't around - the brand has great materials, construction and cuts, and not much representation anymore....

9025873960_68de19a3d7_c.jpg